Songs that make you cry

Pretty much everything by DCD has the power to induce tears. The Host of Seraphim hits hard.

I can't believe I forgot that one. I'd say that's one of their best. Another one that nearly brings me to tears is The Carnival is Over. It just screams nostalgia. I love their ability to evoke powerful questions and emotions through their music and lyrics.

Well first of all, I'm not sure songs actually make me cry, unless I'm already really sad or depressed. Second of all, I tried to think metal songs that brought me to that sort of feeling and I can't think of any. Basically all singer songwriters and mostly women.

Swans- God Damn the Sun

This song is high art. This brings the whole world together in a tragic and meaningless disaster.

Rachael Yamagata- Horizon

It just has that feeling of "wow, I fucked up my life, but didn't realize until two years later."

Tori Amos- Playboy Mommy

Yeah, songs about moms have miscarriages are pretty sad.

Last edited by a moderator:

This song depresses the hell out of me, and not just because I first heard it during a really shitty time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it in the twenty-four tone system? I've grown up with the Western system, so I can't really hear quarter tones. I've always wanted to use the quarter tone system due to the greater possibilities with intervals.

Is it in the twenty-four tone system? I've grown up with the Western system, so I can't really hear quarter tones. I've always wanted to use the quarter tone system due to the greater possibilities with intervals.

Yes, in oriental music, there's more than "major" and "minor" notes.

I'd imagine that their music theory is more complicated than in the West.