The album that got you into metal.

The Old Oak said:
AC/DC not metal who is saying that?...ok they play heavy-rock. But who cares as long as it keeps your head banging!..

Hey you got that right !! I've had that on album (LP), cassettes, and CDs. The production sounds like it was recorded yesterday, not 23 years ago. It still gets a spin once in a while and only a couple of songs feel "worn out" to me. You have to look pretty hard to find a release that has cover to cover quality of songs as that one. I think it should be in every metal-heads collection regardless of what genre he/she listens to. It's a basic three chord hard-rock album, but it still rips.

Bryant

in order of purchase:
Metallica- reload
Metallica- s/t
Metallica- ride the lightning

depending on which ones you think are metal, that(those) one(s).

for me... it would have to be: Sindustries .... by Gardenian... thats an amazing album. Before that i was already listening to Metallica... i consider that as metal, but i think that Gardenian got me into the heavy stuff

Bryant said:
THe first album that got me into metal isn't "really" metal, but it's close enough and it started me onto that path...

Ac/DC Back in Black !!! I know I am showing my age here..... but I was 12 years old !!

Bryant

AC/DC kick sooo much ass..

I'm totally trying to think and I can't even remember..might have been Sad Wings of Destiny - Judas Priest, or Sold Our Soul - Sabbath. I just always remember being into it as a kid...hm..

I do remember that Piece of Mind was what got me into Iron Maiden

It was Judas Priest--Screaming For Vengeance.

After that, Iron Maiden--Piece of Mind, and it was all over. I still remember my parent's look of horror as they realized I was lost forever
firedevil.gif

--S

Brave New World - Iron Maiden

Afterwards, I began to branch out to Maiden's older hits, Anathema(the second band I started with) and elsewhere into the realms of heavy/power metal, death, and some black metal.

Being that I'm the "geezer" around here I have two discs that "Got me into metal." Keep in mind that back in the day, there was no speed metal or thrash or even power metal!
The two records that got me into metal?
Motley Crue's "Shout at the Devil."
Kiss' "Creatures of the Night."