Album that got you into the Heavy.

Turning 26 this year. I got into metal by the way of gay tech death so I owe a lot to this album. I tried to listen to it again recently and was pretty much repulsed.

MI0000419729.jpg

necrophagist aren't even close to being one of the more terrible tech death bands. i like it when it's done well but that genre is a bit of a dungmine.

i'm 27 btw

Oh, I am well aware of that. There were moments on that album that I did enjoy, but the whole thing is nothing more than a wankfest. I give it credit, though, since like half of those songs go back to like 1992 before the genre was even a real thing.

I was a little 13 year old and I got All Hope Is Gone. I know they're highly frowned upon now but way back then I didn't know any better.

i got into metal pretty late
my chemical romance - 3 cheers for sweet revenge
and
deftones - white pony
i know those are not metal but they led to
as i lay dying - shadows are security
and
killswitch engage - end of heartache
then i heard the song
behemoth - as above so below

now im kind of a modern death metal / deathcore guy
im 31

zero

my older sisters boyfriend gave me the double album of Blizzard of Oz and Diary of a Madman on vinyl when l was 13 and that was it.

i gave my girlfriend's younger brother AMPLE DESTUCTION and NOSFERATU on, uh, CD-R when he was about 13 (this was about 10 years ago). i like to think he still spins them to this day, but he's probably into bon iver or something by now

Reactions: Sirjack
Started listening to grunge bands (I confess, still love Mother Love Bone hahaha) and new metal, in 2003~2004.
In 2005 I had the chance to listen Blind Guardian and some Iron Maiden albuns, so my musical preferences changed radically and I never stopped to listen metal bands since then.

Ironically, two of my favourite metal bands of all time are from Seattle (Nevermore/Sanctuary). Life is strange! haha

Summarizing:Tokyo Tales and Powerslave changed my life forever.