The album that got you into metal.

First metal album that changed me would be......Living Sacrifice - Reborn!!!
headbob.gif
This album brought me into Hardcore/Metalcore and all the other branches (hardcore emo, emocore, etc...)

But the one that brought me into a totally diffrent world of metal is....
In Flames - Clayman!!!
headbob.gif

I'm forever changed! These albums are huge influence's in my life.

The Rock Show on VH1 first exposed me to metal (Maiden, Priest, Ozzy, etc.), however the first actual albums that made me the metal addict I am today were Metallica's "Ride The Lightning" and Megadeth's "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?"!

hehe, peace sells is a great album. for me it was demanufactures release in i think 1995 or so.

or maybe it was appetite for destruction - had that on tape :loco:

but ff was more the heavier stuff. too bad most of the other stuff they did sucked.

Here I am really showing my age:

Sabbath - Paranoid
Rainbow - Rising
UFO - Force It
Motorhead - Ace of Spades
Saxon - Denim and Leather

After straying a bit in the '80's,....Dream Theater's Images and Words made me realize there was still something interesting to check out in the genre.

o_O

You'd never guess...the two Mortal Kombat soundtracks! :D
They had stuff like Sepultura, Fear Factory, Type O Negative, and a bunch of metal/alternative/weird bands that i've never heard of.

Apart from those, the first metal cd I ever bought was Sepultura - Roots, followed by Opeth - Blackwater Park, which some dude on the net told me about hehe.

hard for me to say because it's kinda been an evolution for me rather than i was listening to 'boom shake the room' one week then bought blessed are the sick' the next or something.

If i had to say......Probably the album that got me into metal was def leppard - hysteria

the first full proper metal album was probably metallica - ...and justice for all but it was a couple of years after it came out.

Dusk said:
If i had to say......Probably the album that got me into metal was def leppard - hysteria

the first full proper metal album was probably metallica - ...and justice for all but it was a couple of years after it came out.

That's EXACTLY how it was for me, Hysteria and then into Justice. Soon after followed Maiden :hotjump: