How did you get into metal?

You better not
Aaarrrghhh.gif

Metallica's "Kill 'Em All" was the first CD I ever bought. I didn't even know they made the music with guitars at the time. I was about 8-9 when I got it & CD players had just came out & were still very expensive. I was lucky to get one in my eyes. "Kill 'Em All" was also the first tab book I got as well & the first album I really nailed on guitar.

Fell in love with the only metalhead at my school :rofl: I used to listen to pop/hip hop before, because it was the only stuff i had knowledge and access to, and i was about to give up on music altogether! Things with the guy didn't go too smoothly, but at least i was introduced to rock and metal, which i haven't stopped listening since.

i found an old metallica tape (kill em all) on the side of the road when i was 9 years old and popped it into the tape player at home and have been in love with metal since:kickass:

Started listening to JRock, and realized I kept going for the heavier and heavier bands until I needed something more, came here and asked for some really heavy stuff, got behemoth and bloodbath and went crazy from there.