How Did You Get Into Metal?

i remember listening to stuff like metallica and megadeth for a long time, but one day i was searching through iTunes randomly and came across Dream Theater and fell in love lol. after that i started listening to more stuff like that (the not so heavy progressive type metal) and then i watched the music video for Born...The Retribution of Spiritual Sickness and i actually didn't really like it at first, but for some reason i watched a few more times and began to love heavier stuff like Nevermore, too. Then, again On Demand, i watched the video for Iron Tusk by Mastodon and loved them. that got me into the even heavier more death metal type stuff (even though they're not death metal, that just lead to me finding that stuff) first like Lamb of God, then stuff like Opeth (now definitely my favorite band). thats all now led to stuff like Dissection, Melechesh, Novembre, Primordial and the like. lol so yeah, thats my story

The first tapes I ever owned were Black Sabbath's 'Greatest Hits', Ozzy's 'Diary of a Madman', Van Halen's 'S/T' and Def Leppard's 'High N Dry'. From there, it was on to Judas Priest and Iron Maiden and then on to Metallica and Slayer and etc.

haha... i was like 9 or 10. i used to always listen to rap. i was on yahoo music one day(haha) and my friend came over. hes a year older.

friend: "dude look up slipknot"

"whats slipknot? i mean ive heard of them but who are they?"

friend: "just look them up"

so i looked up slipknot on yahoo music.

"which one do i listen to?"

friend: "click on duality. its pretty good."

so i clicked on duality. and i was like HOLY SHIT. this is fuckin awesome. and i was obsessed with them until like somtime in 6th grade. when i discovered behemoth and gorgoroth:)

EDIT

but now of course i hate slipknot :p