How did you get started in metal?

Stickeelion

New Metal Member
Apr 9, 2014
I'm curious to hear how you guys (and girls) got into metal, and I'm sure you might be too. How about we share some stories?

Here's how I found metal:
I was born in the fiery heart of a volcano, I had no parents and I was taken to the frozen wastes of the northcand left to fend for myself. I was eventually taken in by a pack of arctic wolfs. After years of surviving from the bloody raw corpses of stillborn animals I eventually died in a war against the vikings and descended to the searing depths of hell. I spent 666 years there until I earned the trust of Satan himself. And it was there, in the depths of hell. that I was introduced to metal by the high overseers of evil.

I used to listen to dubstep and hardstyle (I still do a little) and i had a friend suggest I listen to Ensiferum, I said, "what's that?" and he sent me 2 albums of theirs over skype saying something about it being really good. I downloaded it and promptly forgot about it all together. Fast forward one year, I was cleaning old files from my computer and i came across these Ensiferum albums again, I figured I should give it a try before i delete them. I listened to one song and that lead to another by the wee hours of the morning I had listened to their entire discography. From there I also started listening to death, black and Gothic metal

Alright well, I was born in the fiery heart of a volcano, I had no parents and I was taken to the frozen wastes of the northcand left to fend for myself. I was eventually taken in by a pack of arctic wolfs. After years of surviving from the bloody raw corpses of stillborn animals I eventually died in a war against the vikings and descended to the searing depths of hell. I spent 666 years there until I earned the trust of Satan himself. And it was there, in the depths of hell. that I was introduced to metal by the high overseers of evil.

Alright well, I was born in the fiery heart of a volcano, I had no parents and I was taken to the frozen wastes of the northcand left to fend for myself. I was eventually taken in by a pack of arctic wolfs. After years of surviving from the bloody raw corpses of stillborn animals I eventually died in a war against the vikings and descended to the searing depths of hell. I spent 666 years there until I earned the trust of Satan himself. And it was there, in the depths of hell. that I was introduced to metal by the high overseers of evil.

I had it quite different. I used to listen to dubstep and hardstyle (I still do a little) and i had a friend suggest I listen to Ensiferum, I said, "what's that?" and he sent me 2 albums of theirs over skype saying something about it being really good. I downloaded it and promptly forgot about it all together. Fast forward one year, I was cleaning old files from my computer and i came across these Ensiferum albums again, I figured I should give it a try before i delete them. I listened to one song and that lead to another by the wee hours of the morning I had listened to their entire discography. From there I also started listening to death, black and Gothic metal