What got you into metal?

Iron Maiden was the first "heavy" band i could listen. Then Guns 'n Roses, Metallica, Megadeth and the kings: OBITUARY!!!! Nearly 94-95 i think.
I listened katatonia in 97 for first time, i i told me: Man, this band are great!
During that time(and now) a lot of bands like:Dying Fetus(kings too!) Sepultura(old cd's, 'till Roots) My dying Bride, old Anathema, Dark Tranquillity, The Crown, Napalm Death, Brutal Truth (best!), Amon Amarth, Deicide, Entombed.... a lot of bands but only i listen Death-Doom metal. Metal is really, really big!

For me it was when I heard my fathers Black Sabbath album: Black Sabbath and Master of Reality... on vinyl... that changed my musical life forever... after that it was megadeth metallica and Iron Maiden for some years... before getting really into metal...

it was around the late 80s, first ones were metallica, gunsroses, alice cooper, anthrax, and such.. i started to listen to dark music a fwe years ago somehow, though i like cure, the cult, sisters, mission and such from 90s a long ago, and when goth shit and metal met in my taste i got here (katatonia) and to anathema, amorphis, tool.. in fact i like many styles, some that i wouldn't dare to mention here :)

I don't precisely remember when I have begun to listen metal. They were surely halves the years 80, listening to something of the Iron Maiden, Anthrax, Metallica and Halloween. Then I have started to listen Slayer, In Flames, Nigthwish and many others and the Katatonias only recently.

I honestly have no idea...I know that the first heavy thing I listened to, was a tape of Crysda, a doom/black band, and I didn't really like or dislike it. Years later, I heard Nothing Else Matters on TV and I bought the single, but I wasn't ready for any heavy stuff then...I did like old rock though. But then bands like Papa Roach popped up, and since then I've been extending my taste (a lot, I might add).

It doesn't make a long time i'm into metal, since I'm 13 (I'm now 15).

I started with... Nü Metal. Korn and bands of that kind
Some guy on the internet introduced me to hardcore stuff and I liked that. And then I looked for other kinds of metal and here I am, a death metal fan.

Well, I've always been kind of into it because my older brother liked some and my next door neighbour used to play it a lot (very loud!!). I first got into it properly when I was 6 I think (it was NWOBHM I liked - Saxon are still my favourite band!). I got into extreme metal through Slayer, Napalm Death etc when I was about 9 or so and my first proper black/death metal album was Apocalyptic Raids by Hellhammer.

Sorgh