What got you into Evergrey?

Sargoth

Dimmans följeslagare
Mar 28, 2002
Borås, Sweden
So, what got you into Evergrey?

I started to listen to them when I was about to see them, Dark Tranquillity, In Flames and Transport League in Gothenburg. I downloaded some songs a few days before the consert and I've been a big fan ever since...

Harvester of Sorrow's show on Seismic Radio three years ago!!!I heard Evergrey and a slew of others and that was it for me!!! I think it was Nosferatu..:devil:

Bear

My first experiece with Evergrey was thanks to LarryD! He sent me a sampler tape of The Dark Discovery a few of years ago. I can't pick one song that hooked me. But, it was the vocals that really caught my attention--both Tom's and Carina's. Great combination!!

Now I carry at least one Everygrey cd with me at ALL times! :D I'm seriously addicted. LOL

Later,
Stacy

HI BEAR! How's life?

I heard them on a local radio station here in Gothenburg called Gordian Knot sometime around winter '97-'98. They talked about their upcoming album The Dark Discovery and played two or three tracks including "To Hope Is To Fear" and if I remember correctly "When The River Calls". I truly liked what I heard and as soon as the album was released I bought it. Haven't looked back since :D

It must have been in '98 or '99 that Carl from Planet Music (his old cd shop near the Biebob in Vosselaar, Belgium) recommended The Dark Discovery to us. He said he sold it a lot to Iced Earth fans. Well, we loved it and Evergrey became one of our very favorite bands immediately! But no one knew the band and how on earth should we describe to others what Evergrey sound like?? All I could think of is compare them to Nevermore. Different style, but similar ingredients - emotional vocals, dark atmosphere, intelligent metal. Later on I was surprised to see some people on the Perpetual Motion board knew the band too, and there I found the URL to the website too. Wooh!

When word got out that Evergrey was playing Progpower 99, I knew I HAD to see them!!! Nico had to work, but I went to stay with my friend Els and we visited the festival together. SDT was just released in Sweden, but wouldn't be released in the rest of Europe until the next year, so I was sure they would bring some Swedisch copies to sell :headbang: . At the meet & greet before the festival, we met Tom, and when he told me they weren't allowed to sell the CD in a country where is wasn't released yet, I was SO disappointed that he decided to give me one of the few copies they brought for promotional use. "You owe me" he said.. well I think we've settled that score by now :D After the show I hung out with the band and I made a few friends for life.. :)

I'm kinda "new" to them although I've already known them since "Solitude..."

What got me into them?
1. Tom's wonderful voice
2. "Watching The Skies" (exactly this part) 2:30 - 2:47 that raw emotion, feeling and pain. And beginning from 5:02 to fade... there is some kind of a haunting feeling to it...

And this will ALWAYS be my favorite song by Evergrey. Period.

Reading about them in metal magazines a few years back...i downloaded trust and betrayal...the rest is history.

Dark discovery is still my favorite album...but i loved everything theyve done.

The cover of "Dark Discovery" was speaking loudly to me.....:
"This is music you will LOVE", it said.
I tested it in the shop and as soon as I heard Tom's voice for only just 2 seconds, I got hooked.

I actually read a review of their performance at Prog Power and I had to discover for myself why everyone was so completely blown away. Once I heard the intensity and remarkable abilities of Tom's voice (particularly on the song "Mark of the Triangle") I was immediately addicted...