To all german Evergrey Fans....

Anyway, has anybody attended to the Evergrey show in Munich? Actually, I would like to know which songs have been played (both, Evergrey and Mercenary).

Heh - I didn't mind; I can read a bit of German, so I got some practice trying to keep up. As long as it's confined to one thread, it doesn't really bother me.

Ok, you`re right- so here it is in English:

Yesterday I had been to the Munich gig of Evergrey and all I can say - wow!!!!! Amazing, great, perfect, all you can imagine. It was unbelieveable!

Me and four friends went there by car and were at the "Garage" much before they opened the doors. So we stood in the cold and waited till they let us in. At about 20.15 could we go in and there the first big surprise: the "concert hall" wasn`t much more than a big Club and the "stage" was a bad joke. Moreover there weren`t much fans there. But soon more and more people came (although there weren`t many visitors at all...) and spirits rose. Because it was so familiar you stood right in front of the stage und could perfectly see what the musicians did.

Then the first special guest arrived. It was a band from the Bodensee but unfortunately I couldn`t understand the name. (Knows anybody something about it?)
They played cool stuff, I really enjoyed it, especially the voice of the singer was great. After their relatively short set the stage got prepared for Mercenary.

Mercenary entered stage at about 21.30, if I remember it right and there were already more people in front of the stage. The band began and rocked from the first minute. The singer reminded us of Ripper Owens because of his look and, of course, his great voice. Now it was time to do some work and the first rows started headbanging. After their performance people were ready for the headliners and some had already hurting necks...

Then- the big moment: The members of Evergrey entered stage through a side door and started the party. And it was really a great party: as they saw that their audience enjoyed the show they became relaxed and you could see it that they really liked playing although the location was that small and people were so few. They started their set with "More than ever" and immediately the crowd began to rock like hell. The setlist was equal to that one Gaunerin posted with one exeption: unfortunately they had problems with the drums so while they were trying to correct it they played "Trilogy of the damned" and you could see that Tom is a very charismatic frontman- he took it easy and entertained the audience. Even as he sang the wrong lyrics he made a show out of it. The band got in contact with the audience and it was amazing to see that they didn`t just play their show but tried to give something back to the people. (It was great to see that the very big smile I had on my face during the show spread and when the band looked in the happy faces of the people in front of them they began to smile, too.) Moreover they played a short keyboard- and a short drum- solo. (The bass- solo that a friend of mine suggested when Tom asked us what they should play made the band laugh... but unfortunately it wasn`t played) To summerize it up: it was one of the greatest concerts I`ve ever been, their show was perfect and the musicians impressed extremly because of their skills.
After the show the band signed posters you got for free, talked with their fans and made a very nice impression. To say it with one sentence- IT WAS PERFECT!!!

Today my neck hurts like hell, I`m tired and exhausted but I`ve the biggest smile on my face that this earth has ever seen...

THANK YOU, EVERGREY, FOR THAT UNBELIEVEABLE NIGHT!!!

hi,

its nice to read that you enjoyed the concert!
i´m really excited because i´ll leave the hous around 6 pm and drive to Aalen.
but there is a little "shadow" above this "bright" day : i have to go at work tomorrow at half past 6 am...
i fear that i won´t survive tomorrow :)
could you please tell me when the gig was over?
i guess it must have been around 1 am!?

Timo

und nun nochmal auf deutsch weil mein englisch einfach schrecklich ist:

ich freu mich wied sau auf des konzert, muss morgen aber um halb sieben arbeiten gehen und ich fürchte ich werds nicht überleben....
wie lange ging das konzert denn?

grüßle

timo

I guess that my answer comes too late now for you but I give it a try: it must have been about 00.30 when we left the "Garage". At two o`clock I lay in bed and had to stand up at 7 am. Horrible... but I went home after two hours school because of "Kreislaufproblemen"... ;) and slept for another three hours. There are some advantages if you still are student. :D

But try not to think of tomorrow and enjoy the show!

Und weil`s einfach persönlicher is auf Deutsch: ich wünsch dir gaaanz viel Spaß, grüß die Jungs von mir ;) und erzähl, wie`s dir getaugt hat! (Und pass auf deinen Nacken auf, der ist sehr gefährdet heute abend... ;D)

Hi

i had to go up at 6:30 today too (and couldn't sleep til 3 cause my ears were still ringing), but it got worst around noon when my neck began hurting :)

But it was so fantastic, i never thought that it would be that great!
I didn't know there was a band headlinging for Evergrey at all, and then there were two!
And both very good at that!
Maethoriel: The first band is Cabal: http://www.cabal-metal.com/
I can't believe they don't have a contract...they were really good and should definately make a full album!
I really liked the vocals..at times he sounded almost like Edguy's Tobi Sammet, but he also could go very deep (where i was standig the ground was vibrating when he growled in the last song).
Mercenary were very cool too.
But Evergrey were so great...i never thought they would rock so hard...judging from their CDs they are one of the less heavy bands in my collection, but wow, they were so awesome and much harder then i believed possible! So much headbanging-madness :)
And it was so cool to stand only about 2m away from the band!
And it's been hilarious when Tom wanted to sing TOTD during the problem with the drums..
first he suddenly stops and says he forgot the lyrics, and gets told "this is a keyboard solo, you're not supposed to sing" to which he answers "ah lets skip that, it's the sucky part anyway", and then again when the chorus came he sings 'and i forgot that too'...but the audience didn't forget the lyrics :)
And Masterplan was a perfect finisher...with each half of the audience trying to sing the chorus louder than the other half :)

It was just so great, i can't await to see them again!
And, since i'm only a metalhead since last spring, and this was my first metal concert, i can't thank Evergrey enough for making my first concert the best it could possibly be! :worship:

i was there also. the venue wasnt as bad as i expected, but i expected bigger crowd.. other then that, everything was just awesome (except the thing that they didnt play different worlds, my fave).
i just came home right now (yeah, but i stayed im munich for one more day since i'm from croatia) and i'm really not in the mood for.. writing or even be awake. after the show (cuz of headache i suppose) i actually bought myself MEDIUM size t-shirt insted of xxl and i dont even have to mention that the guy asked me if xxl wouldnt be more appropriate for me..
i also bought solitude... album and LE of the last one, got few posters signed and after that i went home. in wrong direction....

btw i cought a pick! tnx tom ;)

The Gig in Aalen was fucking amazing, but they only played around 70 Minutes. No Ballad, no "Blackened Dawn" and no "Blinded". But anyway, it was fucking great except the circumstances of my trip to Aalen.

Warum dürfen die Schweden eigentlich schwedisch schreiben und die Deutschen nicht?

Dakster said:
The Gig in Aalen was fucking amazing, but they only played around 70 Minutes. No Ballad, no "Blackened Dawn" and no "Blinded". But anyway, it was fucking great except the circumstances of my trip to Aalen.

Warum dürfen die Schweden eigentlich schwedisch schreiben und die Deutschen nicht?
I dont know why they do...but it`s up to you who dont understand swedish to tell them !

Hi girls and guys!

Here´s another totaly blown away EVERGREY-Fan from Munich. Damn! This gig was one of the best I have ever been and I´ve been to lot of shows of many different bands!
CABAL were an outstanding opening act. I was surprised how good the bandleader could sing. I´m no big fan of growling, but that´s a matter of taste, and they didn´t do it too often. The coverversion of "The Last Unicorn" was very interesting and refreshing. Very good show. Did no one notice, that the singer played the guitar in the wrong direction? And I really mean WRONG....Like lefthanded, but the strings also attached in the wrong direction...I also asked him about that....He´s a totaly selftought guitarist. Impressing, I´d say. :worship:
Well....what can I say about MERCENARY? They did an amazing show. Absolutely professional. I have to keep my eyes open for their releases. :D
The Headliners! The Outstanding, groundbreaking, earth shaking EVERGREY! I can´t tell anything that hasn´t been said before. It was awesome! Tom is a fantastic singer and guitarist. As he started to play the intro to "Recreation Day" my mouth dropped open :OMG: just because he is so damn fast and clean. He´s a great entertainer. The first pick Tom gave away was mine. YES!
And if I remember correctly, he only gave away two....
I was surprised by Henrik, cause I didn´t know that he can sing this good....and, just like Tom, he´s a great guitarist. Fast and clean. Amazing.
Because I am drummer since 14 years, Jonas performance was the most interesting, as a musician. And he did not dissapoint me. He was nearly perfect. And he´s such a nice guy, too! As we were joking aroung after the show he also showed me his horny skin on his fingers. Boy! Am I glad that I´m playing with gloves all the time!
All in all EVERGREY are much too good to play in locations like Garage, but that gave me the opportunity to meet the guys in a familylike environment. As I asked Tom if there were any plans for a bigger tour he said laughing: "Yes! There are always plans!" Well....The Live-CD and -DVD will keep my mood up ´til they come back. Tom said, that the CD will be released in February and the DVD in April.
I stayed quite long even after the show, to talk to the guys (and the girl) of all three bands. I talked a lot to Tom, Henrik, Rikard and Jonas. Michael just disappeared short after giving autographs. And if I weren´t supposed to be in the office the next day, I had been to the "Keller" with the guys.....If I had known that I will be sick the day after, I´ve had stayed. So it was about 1:30 in the morning, when I finally left the location. So far...this was my short report about the EVERGREY-Gig in Munich. I have taken about 60 pictures, and I will pick out the best, to send them to Tom. Maybe you´ll see them on their Picturesite, soon.
I hope they will get the attention they´re supposed to get very soon. EVERGREY is so much more than an undergroundmovement.

Hope to see you soon on the next EVERGREY-Gig!
:headbang:

conan2474 said:
The first pick Tom gave away was mine. YES!
I was surprised by Henrik, cause I didn´t know that he can sing this good.... :headbang:

he (or maybe 'they'?) did gave away three or maybe even four picks... btw you were the guy behind me i think.. if you cought first one. that one almost hit me in the head, but i didnt realise what that was :) the second was mine, and the third cought my cousin ;) :headbang:

@Burning_Ice: Thank you very much, I`ve visited their homepage and sent an e-mail because I want to have a record of Cabal. It`s pretty disappointing to see that a band which is that good doesn`t get a contract. And the singer... I was totally blown away by his voice! (and I can`t get "The Last Unicorn" out of my mind...)
Yeah, Tom is an entertainer like no one else. It was that funny what he made out of the little mistakes that happened. Amazing!

@vedr4n: It`s great that you came to Munich just because of the gig!
And- I also got a pick!! (But after the show because a friend of mine asked Henrik if he could have one and he just said: "Go and get it!" and so I also got a pick!) But they must have thrown more than three picks because one of my friends also caught one. (But actually it`s not that important- we all have one! :D )

@conan2474: You are so fucking right: Evergrey should get more attention, they are too good. But it was wonderful that they didn`t act like stars but talked to their fans afterwards. Great idea- pleeeeaaassee, I want to see many, many pictures!!!!

@dakster: Hehe, das frag ich mich auch... Aber gut, we don`t want any trouble, do we? (But it`s kinda strange to write in english when you know that most of the others are germans, too... :p )

So, little by little my neck`s improving, moreover I`ll go and buy Cabal- and Mercenary records and I will wait till February/ April for the Evergrey releases.

Of course we`ll see us the next time! :headbang: (oohh, bad idea, my neck...! :D ) And hopefully that won`t be too long to wait...

Ahhh-PS: A friend asked what`s about their tour with Iced Earth but Rik said that it had been cancelled. Very, very sad... :cry:

Hi there. You know that you can put your pics in the gallery by your self ?

conan2474 said:
Hi girls and guys!

Here´s another totaly blown away EVERGREY-Fan from Munich. Damn! This gig was one of the best I have ever been and I´ve been to lot of shows of many different bands!
CABAL were an outstanding opening act. I was surprised how good the bandleader could sing. I´m no big fan of growling, but that´s a matter of taste, and they didn´t do it too often. The coverversion of "The Last Unicorn" was very interesting and refreshing. Very good show. Did no one notice, that the singer played the guitar in the wrong direction? And I really mean WRONG....Like lefthanded, but the strings also attached in the wrong direction...I also asked him about that....He´s a totaly selftought guitarist. Impressing, I´d say. :worship:
Well....what can I say about MERCENARY? They did an amazing show. Absolutely professional. I have to keep my eyes open for their releases. :D
The Headliners! The Outstanding, groundbreaking, earth shaking EVERGREY! I can´t tell anything that hasn´t been said before. It was awesome! Tom is a fantastic singer and guitarist. As he started to play the intro to "Recreation Day" my mouth dropped open :OMG: just because he is so damn fast and clean. He´s a great entertainer. The first pick Tom gave away was mine. YES!
I was surprised by Henrik, cause I didn´t know that he can sing this good....and, just like Tom, he´s a great guitarist. Fast and clean. Amazing.
Because I am drummer since 14 years, Jonas performance was the most interesting, as a musician. And he did not dissapoint me. He was nearly perfect. And he´s such a nice guy, too! As we were joking aroung after the show he also showed me his horny skin on his fingers. Boy! Am I glad that I´m playing with gloves all the time!
All in all EVERGREY are much too good to play in locations like Garage, but that gave me the opportunity to meet the guys in a familylike environment. As I asked Tom if there were any plans for a bigger tour he said laughing: "Yes! There are always plans!" Well....The Live-CD and -DVD will keep my mood up ´til they come back. Tom said, that the CD will be released in February and the DVD in April.
I stayed quite long even after the show, to talk to the guys (and the girl) of all three bands. I talked a lot to Tom, Henrik, Rikard and Jonas. Michael just disappeared short after giving autographs. And if I weren´t supposed to be in the office the next day, I had been to the "Keller" with the guys.....If I had known that I will be sick the day after, I´ve had stayed. So it was about 1:30 in the morning, when I finally left the location. So far...this was my short report about the EVERGREY-Gig in Munich. I have taken about 60 pictures, and I will pick out the best, to send them to Tom. Maybe you´ll see them on their Picturesite, soon.
I hope they will get the attention they´re supposed to get very soon. EVERGREY is so much more than an undergroundmovement.

Hope to see you soon on the next EVERGREY-Gig!
:headbang:

@Carina: Thank you, Carina. I didn´t know yet, but now I do. I just registered on the gallery-site. :D

@vedr4n: So you´ve been the guy in front of me. Yeah...I was just a little bit quicker, when Tom had thrown the first pick. :Spin:
I just saw Tom throwing in two picks...I didn´t notice Henrik throwing one....I must have missed. Anyways....I´ve got one! :headbang:

Dakster, the interview is cool! But do you know where I can buy their record? I`ve tried to mail them but wasn`t successful. (they didn`t recieve my mail) And I think when Cabal has no contract I can`t go in the next shop and buy it...

Maethoriel said:
Dakster, the interview is cool! But do you know where I can buy their record? I`ve tried to mail them but wasn`t successful. (they didn`t recieve my mail) And I think when Cabal has no contract I can`t go in the next shop and buy it...

Hi Maethoriel... :wave:
You can get the Cabal CD from me.... I´m the key girl from Cabal..... :headbang:

Send a mail to: apollo-graphics@gmx.de