So, what song got you started into Katatonia?

Jester-Race

Nov 8, 2006
Kansas.
for me, it was Chrome. From that opening riff to the amazingly crazy passages that flow from hard to soft was intriguing as hell to me back in 2003 when i first heard of them, and got hooked as hell since then.

We all have one, been thinking about it, and have been wondering what your guysssss (es?) song that got you hooked onto katatonia was.

Hmm I read a interview with them in a magazine - this was around the brave murder day era. I really enjoyed the way the album was described and the images, etc. I then got a tape (on a trade with someone) of BMD...So I suppose it was "brave" but actually it was the whole album.

I took LFDGD by random out of the shelve of the local record store, put it into the player and it clicked immediently. Dispossession is still one of my favourite album openers of all time. :worship:

My first Katatonia track was "Strained". In my house from my cousin's CD. I still remember it very clearly, the song immediately impressed me. Then we listened to the whole album (TD). But for a very long time I only listened to Strained then started to like the others slowly. This is how I got into Katatonia in 1999 or 2000 I'm not so sure.

I heard 'Deadhouse' on a Century Media sampler and really didn't think all that much of it (can you believe that??). I was still curious, so when 'Tonight's Decision' was released I bought it, gave it a chance and then it was all over for me. I knew the path I would walk... in metaphorical music terms.

One of the last metalmagazines i bought had a cd with the song Evidence. I had never heard something like that before, and since them im in love with dark music. (I was very into "happy metal")

when TGCD came out i was a huge opeth/bloodbath fan, so i listened to "my twin" and it was awesome

rest of the album grew on me overtime, and then i listened to the rest

I bought a cd from century media ,it was some sort of metal compilation I beleive...the song was deadhouse,yep