Bands that first got you into metal

Xhale said:
i first got into metal well more hard rock atthe age of 8 - 9 thrugh my dads vynal collection bads like deep purple led zepalin stuff liek that them at age 11 i got my first album it was metallica - and justis for all and that was it i didnt look back and i thrashedthe hell out of the album and i wanted more so i was listening to stuff liek iron maden and black sabbith megadeath stuff liek that and also tool but from tool i got into opeth about the time still life came out and i was blown away like hel this was good and i wanted more and not like most ppl, i fell in love with the death vox it was just the brutality and aggrestion and i wanted it harder and faster and i found a band called cannibal corpse and the album was bloodthirts and the front cover made my get it cos as soon as i saw it i thort "shit thats got to be the heavyest album ever" but the time i was 19 i got my self into brutal death metal like nile, hate eternal, vile stuff liek that and about that time i got my self the 3 bloodbath albums and now iv gotten into black metal just this yeah i mean i had nightside of the eclips by emperor for years but i never liked it. it was the bad production and that high pitch screams that put me off it, till earlyer this year i just got heavly into it dont as me why but i picked up nightside again and fell in love with it and wanted more. sp there ya have it

benn listening to metal since i was 11 im 21 now so eyah i think im lernard(sp?) in metal :loco:

Could you even spell correctly if you really wanted to? Couldn't read the complete post, it hurts my eyes.

I heard a few from Dimmu Borgir, then my bro's friend brought over Bloodbath(NMF) and i fell in love o_o

Not considered metal by some standards, but my brother picked up Fear Factory's Soul of a New Machine when it was released. And on and on and on......

system of a down... when i was 8 my brother played there first albu to me and i really liked it. after that someone put me onto porcupine tree after i told them i didnt mind prog rock so got that and heard about the link between SW and mikael akerfeldt. got opeth and havent looked back since:headbang:

I started listening to Morbid Angel tracks on the year 2000 that was cos of a guy I felt in love with and who was mad about them. I didn't like it the first time but after listening to some other band such as Carcass, Cryptopsy and Kitty I also felt in love with the death metal. I cannot stop looking for new bands and spending all my money to buy CD's.
This new interest has developped and I became also interested in guitar, so I bought my first guitar a year ago and I started playing on my own.
Death metal has changed my life cos it brought me peace (I'm not joking) and it had maked me more self reliant.
Now I'm still interested in Morbid Angel but I had also discovered other bands such as Hammerhage, Dying Foetus, Carcarias, At the Gates, Skinless, Illieposed...
:headbang:
Metal is my life, take it and I will die.
...eat smoke and grind:kickass:

I'm 31....old fucker ! never had a mullet though ! Metallica's master of puppets Slayer's south of heaven, broke the ice for me getting into the heavy shit ! (I was about 13) then on to the good shit, old Entombed (first 3 albums) Carcass, Death, Nocturnus, Obituary, Morbid Angel, Bolt Thrower, Pestilence, old Sepultura was good, Master, Malevolent Creation. My Dying Bride, Cannibal Corpse, and Pungent Stench ! bands like Opeth, Dan Swano projects, and Hypocrisy I did'nt get in to intil about 1998...8 or 9 years ago ! I know some of you guys are my age and a know alot of you are younger, I just want to say thanks to your generation for helping keep death and metal in general alive ! stay sick mother fuckers (this was for you death chicks too )

I dont really remember exacly how but I guess my musical journey started with Queensryche with the purchase of Empire from a used CD store. I explored many bands over the net, went through a 2 month rap phase and a nu-metal phase. I then found a Dream Theater CD my dad had(Train of Thought) and liked the "heavy" aspect of it so I went through my Dream Theater phase and on to symphony X. Then a member of my band called my attention to Dimmu and I guess thats where the real metal intrest began leading me here listening to many of the bands listed. ohhh and in response to Flal no I never liked slipknot and im 18.

wow reading this over....I'm very new to metal haha, but I'm finding more each day so I guess thats a good thing.

nirvana, loved them even when i was too young to even know what music was. But I strictly remember hearing thei music when i was extremely young. I couldn't have been to old, i'm 15 right now. But anyways, yeah. Nirvana, Smells like teen spirit. then it all took off from there.