Which band got you into metal?

sure I did. I'm definitely into metal now, the mere tought of comparing say Borknagar to LP is pathetic to me, but people like it. Do we have the right to laugh at them? Everybody listens to what he likes. Tolerance is the way ( as long as they don't make YOU listen to it:) )

ok... first contact with hard rock was in 1984 i think. it was Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, GN'R. then in 1986 i first time heard Metallica and Slayer, Venom... (thx to my cousin :D ). two years later i discovered DEATH, Sepultura, Obituary... with Entombed's debut i found my destination - SWEDISH DEATH!!! :D and the rest is history...

Fortunately i started to listen metal at the age of 7...thanks to my older brother:)
but my first metal album i bought on my own was Guns n Roses: Appetite for Destruction ... i dont know where did i that album now...?;)

And as well for me, Metallica got me all hooked up into the most wonderful world of music. But I listened to Guns N' Roses some year earlier if I remember correct, but you can´t really call them metal...

I have started with Tuatha de Danann. Right after that i have started to listen to Vintersorg(thanks to my friend) and later Otyg. The rest is history(not such a long history, but anyway...).

Well, I'll be giving away my age here (I'm 45), but I got into Black Sabbath "Paranoid" WHEN IT CAME OUT!!! 1971! I was 13.
anim-jjd.gif

Peace,
Ulf