Which band got you into metal?

Strangely enough, Pantera and metallica were bands that kept me away from metal for quite a while... I just found it yukkie. Then some friends of mine had a band, they were called Momentarily Spontaneous, and were calling themselves a progressive band...but their sound was somewhat closer to a keyboardless power-metal band... Then...Being a tolkien fan, I was suggested Blind Guardian...and then, floods of suggestions came from the people from whom I dowloaded BG mp3s, and at some point, some purist metalhead decided to make my *metal-education* and there I really got into metal...and went out only with metalheads from then...and in this matter expanding my knowledge of metal as well as frequenting kindred spirits. My first *real metal* bands were Emperor and Hypocrisy. I think I started being happy and living from the moment I started listening to metal... What I feel when I listen to metal is the deepest and happyest feeling of euphoric love there can ever be... Music is and will forever be my first love *I really get carried away when I talk of metal*.

7th Grade
Blink182

8th Grade
Limp Bizkit

9th Grade
Nu-Metal !! Mudvayne, deftones, korn etc

10th Grade
I saw the term "POWER METAL" while reading a post about music on a game forum. So I did a search and found this website with large samples of all kinds of metal. I downloaded Kamelot (barf) and really liked them. I also liked Hammerfall, and Helloween (still like them). Some other stuff I got was Cannibal Corpse, Impaled Nazarene, and Immortal, all of which I did not understand (I couldn't figure out how people got off calling this shit music).

11th Grade
More and more searching about the different types of metal. I swore by In Flames and Dark Tranquillity. Then gradually accepted the harsher forms of metal and started to really love them. Then I discovered the softer side of metal and embraced it aswell (Opeth).

Current bands include:
Anathema*, Arcturus*, Bathory, Bloodbath, Cannibal Corpse, Dark Tranquillity, Death, Edge of Sanity, Emperor*, In Flames(early albums), My Dying Bride, Opeth*, Quo Vadis, Sepultura, Soilwork, Solefald*, Tiamat, Ulver.

To this day I continually discover new bands and genres. BTW, I am 17 years of age.

*These are my absolute favorites. Edit: Fuck it! I love them all!

Metallica, many years ago.