song that got you into opeth

Yetti

Oct 29, 2002
Amerika
Visit site
im sure this has been done a few times before, but im too lazy to go back and find it. the first time i heard them was blackwater park. i didn't really think much of it. i hated the fact that the songs were so long, esp blackwater park. a friend was playing it for me and i listened to it for me and after a few minutes i had to go do something, i came back 10-15 minutes later and the same song was still on. i was like "what the hell? 20 minute songs? this sucks". later on i bought a century media compilation, i think it was #5. it had iced earth - burning times, skinlab - so far from the truth, lacuna coil - my wings, borknagar - oceans rise, etc. the last song was opeth - when. one day i finally gathered the attention span to actually listen to all 9 and some change minutes of it and i was blown away. ever since then i listen to them quite frequently. theyre not my favorite band, but i like them a lot. when is still my favorite song, then probably face of melinda.

Century Black Firestarter sampler. I listened to it over and over and over and over and over and over. And then I bought Orchid, Morningrise and MAYH right when it came out. And of course everything since then.

Heard I brief sample of Blackwater Park and I got hooked. I still love that song

"Deliverance" was the first I heard, then Bleak, the Drapery, that won me over, now a hopeless fanboy
bowdown.gif

well, my first album was Morningrise and hated it...my brother told me that Opeth sounded like Metallica (?)...then I gave it a second chance and found "The Night And The Silent Water" pretty cool...slowly I enjoyed the other tracks...the last one was "To Bid You Farewell".