song that got you into opeth

I was searching around listening to samples on amazon.com, when I came across Opeth. I think I was listening to samples of MAYH (all I know is there was at least one piano part in there) I realy loved what I heard til I heard the death vox (which I hated at the time). After a few weeks I went back and Dl'd "The Moor" and I was hooked from then on.

I think I'm the first one so far that was hooked by Dirge For November. Honestly, it was like nothing I had ever heard before. I was in a chatroom at around 4 AM, I had gotten back from a night out (it was my birthday) and a really cool metalhead convinced me to download it. I closed my eyes and listened. It scared the shit out of me, and I knew I'd become a fan from then on. I downloaded The Leper Affinity as soon as Dirge ended. I downloaded all of BWP in less than a week.*

Dirge for November, however underrated and hated it may be, is still one of my favorite Opeth songs...the way Mikael does not sing, but mourn sends a chill down my spine.

No other band has hooked me as fast as Opeth. Now, here I am, five months later, holding tickets to the Houston show (actually, they haven't arrived yet) and biting my toenails in anticipation.

*Before you flame me, yes, I bought it at the store too...along with every other Opeth album.

The first Opeth song I ever heard was The Drapery Falls, but I would have to say the song that made me a fanatic was Bleak. I think a lot of people underrate Bleak.