Worst opeth album and worst song????

Land Of Grey And Pink said:
I guess mikael and peter couldnt be considered "true" opeth fans...for they claim to despise the night and the silent water. :Smug:

Who said that they despise it? He has said that there were some parts he couldn't stand. That's not the same.

worst album: D1 or D2, but you cant really compare D2 to anything else, its too different. I way prefer the mixing of the styles rather than seperating them out like that. thats what made opeth unique and it got taken away on the last 2 albums.

the reason mikael doesnt like night and the silent water isnt because of the song i dont think, its because it reminds him of his grandmother passing away. im not entirely sure though.

worst song: hmmmmmmm not sure really. All their songs rule really. Probably something from D1 or D2, but i can honestly say i dont think they have written a bad song in their entire career.

sometimes i think that there's a song that i don't like and then i will hear it another day and decide i love it. it's all about mood for me. so i guess i love every song on every album, just not all the time. my fave is to hear them randomly come up from my media library on my computer--that seems to be how i find out that i actually like a song i might have skipped in my car.

Hmmm ...sorry guys, but i don't think that we can talk about "worst" ...coz that supposes/means that it's "bad" , if you know what i mean...
A best question would be , for me , "least good opeth album and least good song? "..:loco: :Smokin:

Album- Damnation. I like the non-metal parts of Opeth, but this seemed too forced. Mikael's voice isn't too great on it either when you compare it to the other acoustic stuff (like Benighted or Patterns in the Ivy 2).

Song- This is tough. No, it's not. Serenity Painted Death. Honorary mention to Black Rose Immortal, just out of spite. You can tell they just really wanted to make a 20+ minute song. Some parts (the middle) are brilliant, but they didn't need all of those extra parts around it.

I own all the albums and I hate the song, By the pain I see in others, with the drawn out ending and the dumb vocal effects. It doesnt sound like Mikael which makes the song bad. The worst album probobly is Orchid (although Forest of october is one of my favorites) because the only other good song is Under the weeping moon. Other albums have More good songs than orchid thats why i chose Orchid but they are all good.

I think Deliverance was their worst album... the songs got annoying after a bit because the band kept recycling the riffs... The songs were pretty predictable...

The worst song... hmm. I guess it would be Dirge for November. I don't know why but I can't stand that song.

Korlich said:
Worst album "Deliverance", worst song deffinetly "To bid you farewell".

Nooooooo To Bid You Farewell is a masterpiece!

Worst song I would say Weakness. I never really got into White Cluster neither... dont know why.

Worst album... I haven't heard orchid so I cant cast my vote.

I think its really hard to say witch album is the worst...But if I had to...I would say Orchid, but its still a great record.