Songs that should be covered

fah-q

Brusque
Sep 7, 2005
New York
Shenk's post with the video for Holy Diver got me thinking. What song(s) would you like to see covered? Maybe a song that you think would be cool if MOD covered?

Born On The Bayou -CCR. I have always thought that a slow, grinding metal version of this would be sick.

I always thought MOD should do Motorhead's Don't Need Religion from Iron Fist(a very under-rated release)...I suggested it to Billy and he said that song is more MOD than MOD will ever be...Ha! I think he's right.

I don't really like cover songs, If Im a fan of the band I want to hear all originals.

I'm not big on covers either...but odd ball ones can be cool.

One of the worst covers EVER is Nevermore's cover of Simon and Garfunkel's Sound of Silence...horrid. :puke:

Death's Painkiller is cool...Slayer's Dissident Aggressor too.:headbang:

I'd like to see some modern covers of the late 70's hard rock stuff...like UFO's Rockbottom or Lights Out.

I always thought MOD should do Motorhead's Don't Need Religion from Iron Fist(a very under-rated release)...I suggested it to Billy and he said that song is more MOD than MOD will ever be...Ha! I think he's right.

I also think MOD should cover some Motorhead too, i bhet it would sound really cool :kickass:

I like coversongs of OLD songs, like how the Misfits did a bunch of 1950's shit. Its hilarious!

I 'd like to hear some old surf songs redone with a metal edge. And one of my favorite old rock bands, Queen, had a bunch of early songs that could be covered well. They were heavy (minus Mercury's vocals) for the early 70's I thought.

The problem is, alot of bands either totally reproduce the song..just using their "sound" or they totally butcher it. The new Dimension Zero has a cover of Staying Alive..and seriously..blast beats make it sound sillier than the first one.

I like coversongs of OLD songs, like how the Misfits did a bunch of 1950's shit. Its hilarious!

I 'd like to hear some old surf songs redone with a metal edge. And one of my favorite old rock bands, Queen, had a bunch of early songs that could be covered well. They were heavy (minus Mercury's vocals) for the early 70's I thought.

The problem is, alot of bands either totally reproduce the song..just using their "sound" or they totally butcher it. The new Dimension Zero has a cover of Staying Alive..and seriously..blast beats make it sound sillier than the first one.

Some of my favorite covers:
Heathen : Death on Two Legs (queen)
Evergreen Terrace : MAd World (Tears for Fears)
Failure : Enjoy the Silence (Depeche Mode)

But on to what songs I'd like to hear

Misfits : Where Eagles Dare / From Hell They Came / Speak of the Devil
The Eagles - Already Gone
Bathory - Blooded Shore
Faith No More : We Care Alot / The Gentle Art Of Making Enemies / Surprise You're Dead (awesome metal cover potential)
Rush : Something For Nothing
Queen : Seven Seas of Rhye..actually almost any song from their first album Queen to News of the World would make for a kick ass song.