Songs that Dan Swano should cover

mattcira

The Eighth Enocian Key
I was listening to Eye in the Sky lastnight and I thought, "Man, Swano would kill this vocal hook." I want to hear Dan's silky soft vocal badassery belt out the line "...the sun in your eyes made some of the lies worth believing..."

What songs do you think would sound amazing if Dan covered them?

I'd love to hear Dan cover some Alice In Chains songs. Maybe some old Giant stuff too. Like "I'll See You in My Dreams" or even Marillion. Dan's got a voice that would work on all kinds of genres.

By the way, ever since he re-recorded the Nightfall Overture CD, I have been of the opinion that he should re-record the Unicorn CDs and the first two Nightingale albums. I think Unicorn was Dan's masterpiece, but his vocals are much better now. Also, hearing The Closing Chronicles with his current delivery would kill.

Iron Maiden - Paschendale
Darkthrone - Hordes of nebulah
Camel - Echoes
Slipknot - Gently (fag band, great song)
Tool - The Grudge
Led Zep - Kashmir / Stairway

i didnt like any nightingale re-records. Definitely leave those alone. Forcing them to sound modern will just ruin their unique sound and make them worthless. Dan could do...........an Opeth song! Godhead's Lament! : P
It WOULD be interesting...............

I think the cover cd bonus disc for the ODYSSEY remaster will satisfy most of your coverneeds from my end. It won´t include an of those tracks mentioned though...but if you pay me enough....maybe :)

Dan

Hate to ruin it for you guys...I already sang Like A Virgin, dressed as Madonna ;) We played this song at a rockband competition. I think there is videofootage of it....I remember that the song ended with some fat growls...and the guitars where tuned down as fuck etc.
I will ask my friends if they can upload it somehow....it´s a must see!!!

there are ... zillions of songs out there ... and i have picked exacly that song, wich already was covered by dan ;)
im a prophet!

crimson3 is coming