Songs with insane drum parts.

Creeping Death

Trapped in a Corner
Mar 13, 2003
First of all; Double kick throughout the song like certain BM and DM doesn't count. List atleast 3

1) Painkiller - Judas Priest
2) Dark Insanity - Arch Enemy, before the estrogen.
3) In Flames - Brush The Dust Away

Now, I don't play drums, but if I had money, I'd buy a set and drum away, but I don't.

A lot of stuff from Tool... EVERYTHING from Dream Theatre.. lots of Symphony X.. Origin has a good drummer... Nothing wrong good old Nick Barker... Trym is amazing...
Yeah...

epic song: Achilles, Agony and Ecstasy in Eight Parts
part IV. Armor of the Gods ( from min. 7:46 to 12:40 )
drums: Rhino ( almost 5 minutes of protagonist drumming )

From ManOWar's "The Triumph of Steel"

Cephalic Carnage has tons of insane drumming but this one sticks out to me.

Cephalic Carnage-Rebellion at 2:28

Disfigured-Witness Your Creation at 1:30 (some of the most insane sounding snare hits), Ridden With Disgust at :33

Cynic,TooL deff has some very complex and wicked sounding drum parts but they do not really sound INSANE.

Absu - She Cries The Quiet Lake, Pillars of Mercy
The Berzerker - Death Reveals
Cryptopsy - See and Envision Sore Vision, We Bleed
Origin - Portal
Gorguts - Obscura
Mayhem - A Time To Die, View From Nihil

Everything off of Death Angel's The Ultra-Violence, especially "Kill As One" and "Mistress of Pain." And drummer Andy Galeon was only FOURTEEN when this album was released.

"The Burning of Sodom" and "Darkness Descends" by Dark Angel. Bow to Hoglan.

Testament's "DNR," and really everything off The Gathering. Dave Lombardo's best performance.

It isn't so much "insane" as just incredibly consistent and perfect, but Overkill's Killbox 13 has one of the best drumming performances in years.

"Spirit Crusher," Death, and ditto on "Scavenger of Human Sorrow." "Suicide Machine" (off of Human) is good too.

"Bullet Train" and "Jugulator" by Judas Priest. Scott Travis is a monster.

Deff Mastodon, Brann was more insane in Lethagy. You should hear his drumming on there disk It's Hard To Write With A Little Hand. Fuckin A, Erik Burke's guitaring and the guy from mastodon is insane and it all fit perfect.

I think that the first 2 songs off of RUSH`S Permanent Waves (The Spirit of Radio & Free Will) plus anything Dave Witte is plays.Also,any DESCENDENTS/ALL record has kicking drums & you have to mention Dave Lombardos drumming on REIGN IN BLOOD :worship: