Songs with insane drum parts.

Living Inside said:
Cephalic Carnage has tons of insane drumming but this one sticks out to me.

Cephalic Carnage-Rebellion at 2:28
I just checked that out... didn't notice anything particularly spectacular about the drumming :err:

But yeah, Cephalic Carnage does have some mental drum parts... just that wasnt one.

Tanith said:
I just checked that out... didn't notice anything particularly spectacular about the drumming :err:

But yeah, Cephalic Carnage does have some mental drum parts... just that wasnt one.

...Yeahhhh...

There is nothing special at all about the drumming in this song.

:err:

Worm-Infested Intestinal Tract said:
...Yeahhhh...

There is nothing special at all about the drumming in this song.

:err:
I didn't mean the song in general, i just meant the part which he highlighted.

Yes, the drumming in the song is crazy.

Charubic Murder said:
Absu - She Cries The Quiet Lake, Pillars of Mercy
The Berzerker - Death Reveals
Cryptopsy - See and Envision Sore Vision, We Bleed
Origin - Portal
Gorguts - Obscura
Mayhem - A Time To Die, View From Nihil
Hit the nail on the head, you did. To this I'd like to add...

Anything Spiral Architect
Anything with Trym drumming
Behemoth - Horns ov Baphomet

Worm-Infested Intestinal Tract said:
Most of their stuff has a distinct craziness, but I don't see it much in this song as in others.

I disagree in away, maybe they have tons more crazy parts. But if you look at the timming of the drums and the guitars it is pretty insane. It sticks out a lot to me because they never re-used or attempted it again on another song. So it holds a special place in my heart haha.

on a random note, dunno if anyones already mentioned them (and regardless of whether you think they're average or not Tanith)...

Strapping Young Lad - 'Devour', 'Rape Song', 'Oh My Fucking God', & 'Aftermath' all have really good drum parts IMO.

just watch the 'Devour' video to see the master Hoglan at work :D

SculptedCold said:
]
It's extremely fast, but extremely boring.

I wouldn't say extremely boring. Parts of it are boring; those double bass parts aren't all that interesting (like you said fast as all hell, but not interesting), but he does some nifty on the other parts of the set, too.

Dr Psyklonic said:
(and regardless of whether you think they're average or not Tanith)...:D
Heh. Yeah, they're average, though I do admit that the drum parts are pretty good. Just... SYL was a bit shit if you ask me.