sony vaio?

Astrum

Psion
Aug 14, 2006
Boston, MA
anyone else have one of these laptops? i bought one about a week ago and i am thoroughly satisfied, but the touch pad blows. sometimes it is completely unresponsive and not nearly sensitive enough. it kind of pisses you off when you tell it to go somewhere and it just kinda stays. anyone else have these problems, or a solution? and dont say usb mouse, that's obvious.

Does the touchpad have its own driver/program? Try uninstalling that and restart your computer. It'll then use the standard Windows touchpad driver and can sometimes be a bit more responsive.

My laptop was having trouble with keyboard lag...turned out to be the touchpad driver. I uninstalled that and now it's perfect.

sweet. I'll check it out. also, it decides when it wants to and doesnt want to charge when its plugged in, but that is probably a faulty power cord (hopefully not a retard battery or power system). I'm bringing it to get checked out. It would happen to me, spending a grand on something and having it not work right