Sophii

lil' rat
Dec 28, 2016
Chattanooga, TN

Released 3 days ago. Combines a lot of shit into one big stirring pot. Taking everything from sludge metal, nu metal, industrial music, EDM, memphis horrorcore, and witch house aesthetics and blends it into one disgusting mess.

FFO: Meshuggah, Godflesh, Korn, Black Dresses, Dir en Grey, Crystal Castles, etc.

Tagged on RYM as:
Avant-garde Metal, Sludge Metal, Industrial Metal, Trap Metal, Electro-Industrial

Last edited:
Reactions: Bullion and CiG
This is excellent . Really like the way that there is a metal element combined with so many other influences . Defies any usual categorisation as so much is going on in each track.

Thats pretty much what I'm all about. I like making music sound as totally me as possible, but I definitely wear my influences on my sleeve.

My biggest thing I try to work on is making stuff sound as psychedelic as possible, but not like...60s-70s psych rock stuff.

Reactions: Bullion
Its definitely the one that comes from a heavier place thematically than the rest of the songs. Its one that means a whole lot to me and I'm glad you enjoy it

Reactions: CiG
Cyberflower Waltz was a fun one to write :D its the most overtly gothy feeling track.
Thats another one with a personal theme to it.

Tbh most of this album is kind of a diary of insecurities, frustrations, my transitioning,
sexual abuse
, and understanding a person in my head that grew from a persona/face that I put on, growing into her own unique person that I often interact with inside. Barring the first 2 tracks that is, thats more based on like...cyberpunk bullshit that I was really into.

If I found this in the CD discount bin at the music shop I'd buy it for $1.50....and use it as a drink coaster!

Reactions: dvzk-cece
If I could get 6 for $5 I'd buy a set, but then I'd need 5 friends to make use of them!

Reactions: dvzk-cece
You don't know that with any kind of accuracy, you're only guessing!

Reactions: CiG