SOPOR AETERNUS( not SOPOR AETURNUS )

doom_death

Katatonia&Hypocrisy Fan
Sep 4, 2005
Zagreb,Croatia[Hrvatska]
Did anyone hear about them?( him/her )..unique 'band',in fact one man( girl ) band...maybe you don't understand what I am talking about...here,I'll post wikipedia link about it...man,thats ironical/tragic...and music is really great,with some of the most original lyrics I have ever read...little reminds in some aspects on 'Diary Of Dreams'....what is your opinion?

Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sopor_Aeternus

CHEERS

interesting article, she sounds like either a total crackpot eccentric or a very interesting person. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt so I'll go with the latter.

look at this shit:

Wikipedia said:
She has said in several interviews that she spent nearly three decades in extreme states of depression, despair and loneliness, all of which resulted in her discovery of the "Ensemble Of Shadows", otherwordly presences and/or voices who stirred her musical senses and guided her to share the works in her head with the public.

A friend of mine did an interview with SA back in the days they were a demo band. Every question about family and such weren't answered... Really obscure for shure.

Aye... Sopor Aeternus is a name you hear from time to time here in Germany when you have anything to do with the goth/darkwave scene... never paid attention to it though.

This is really sick and scary... but quite interesting aswell.
Didn't dare to give'em a try as I'm in a totally different mood right now.
But thanx for bringing this up...

It does sound interesting and I'm trying to download it all night but it keeps failing grrr
Could you maybe zip it (or whatever the hell that's called :p) and put it on the net somewhere?

Thanx fellow hrvatski (is that the right word? :p) Listend to the first two songs , and I like it, its weird music hehe reminds me a bit of anthony an the johnsons, sometimes I cant stand to hear it and sometimes I really like it. It depends on what mood I'm in.

Thanx fellow hrvatski (is that the right word? :p) Listend to the first two songs , and I like it, its weird music hehe reminds me a bit of anthony an the johnsons, sometimes I cant stand to hear it and sometimes I really like it. It depends on what mood I'm in.

I think its hrvatsko because slavic languages has got that masculine,feminine and plural or singular difference in adjectives my dear hrvatska-nizozemska friend.

I think its hrvatsko because slavic languages has got that masculine,feminine and plural or singular difference in adjectives my dear hrvatska-nizozemska friend.

hehe...Juniper is right :) Hrvatski fellow=Hrvatski prijatelj ( prijatelj=fellow ) and ( croatian=hrvatski ) :saint: Anyway,second song is awesome...especially last part...and lyrics are fu*** sick :kickass:

from the 'weird pics' and kind of ' androgyny ' .. i thought about Anthony... but now that you mentioned that it has any to do with it musically.. i'll DEFINILY get something.. cuz i love A&TJ :worship:

I'm kind of turned off by the the amount of effort put towards portraying a stereotypical gothic image on the website... calling your own recordings "various failures" never fails to tick me off! Maybe I'll check out this interesting-sounding band eventually.