Sore Plexus - strange tech/prog metal

AchrisK

Weakling
Jan 16, 2007
Arizona, USA
www.musicbuyingfreak.com
Sore Plexus are a strange quirky kind of band. I suppose technical progressive metal could categorize them. I would consider them to be in or near the extreme metal category, because they do have some speed and utilize distortion a lot. It's tough to describe them, but maybe a heavier and more spazzed out Psychotic Waltz. The vocals are a kind of warbley clean tone. They are pretty strange, but fit the music well, if you don't mind something unconventional. They are more progressive than technical, I think, and they manage to actually create songs and not just wankery.

I think they are no longer together.

They put out:

Visual Agnosia (EP)
HaPTePHObiC (full length)

It's tough to describe them, but maybe a heavier and more spazzed out Psychotic Waltz.

...or a more "mellow" and less rough Coroner or Mekong Delta. Depressive Age is a very similar band too as well, also Mayfair ("Behind" era - especially the vocals). Anyway i love this band, "Haptephobic" is nothing less than a progressive metal masterpiece. The vocals are phenomenal and one of the key elements that add to their brilliance. So much emotion and craziness in them. And yes, sadly they are no more...

I only have got their demo-tape "365 Days Of Silent Dying" and as far as I recall (I haven´t listened to it for a very, very long time) I wasn´t overly impressed with it, but perhaps the music improved on their later releases.

np: Mekong Delta - "Nightmare Patrol"