Sorry Nightwish fans

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
Now before I say what I have to say let me explain why I'm going to say it first. I've been thinking a lot about this lately. Are a lot of people going to think I'm just being an asshole? Are people going to think I'm just being whiny or a brat? Thats why I haven't replyed to anything regarding the Nightwish issue as of late. I had the thought in the back of my mind that because of the recent issues that they would shelve or delete the forthcoming live album. Now I hear it has an official release date. I as one of the biggest Nightwish fan am saddened by this, completely and utterly saddened by this, and heres why. Why would anyone ANYONE want to purchase a live CD after knowing that the singer you loved and moreso RESPECTED so much was just going through the motions for the cash and didn't want to be there? I would never buy another thing with the name Nightwish on it with Tarja singing on it. I also feel very very sorry for those who were at that concert. Just my thoughts and nothing more. Thank God Rhapsody has a live album coming out in January, now theres a singer who loves his band!!

Based on royalties & publishing, Tarja will not make a dime off the DVD/CD sales. Tumas is the song-writer and owner of the band trademark. Don't sweat it.

Glenn H.

I think he's talking about the fact that Tarja's on it, not about giving his money to the band. I can agree, too. I watched the Blind Guardian DVD again, pissed that Thomen ain't in the band any more. I saw MetallicA knowing that Jason wasn't in the band anymore, and couldn't enjoy the show, regardless of them busting out some really good songs. I don't like listening to Twilight In Olympus cuz Jason Rullo wasn't on it.

It changes your perception of a band when goofy shit like this happens.

And just as many people might want to by it simply for the nostalgic reasoning of it being her last show.
I'm not surprised they're still releasing it. A lot of money went into it to just simply toss it out.

Sounds stupid to me. Too Circus Magazine for me. Too high school. You dissed my friend so I can't be your friend any more. How can you possibly know how she felt? It's just a relic of Nightwish with Tarja. It's an album that contains music. You either like it or you don't. Maybe Tuomas is just doing it for the money himself. I have no idea what he is feeling either. Fabio might just be a hired hand. I don't know that either. And I don't care. Either the music is good or it isn't. I'm only a listener, not a psychoanalyst. Maybe you just need to grow up.

Joe

I will buy it and decide for myself whether or not I like it. Which I would hope everyone would do. After all, it IS their last show with Tarja. And regardless of the circumstances surrounding her departure, I have loved Nightwish for years with Tarja, so I will support this DVD.

Joe,

Grow up? Please!!!!!!! Come to me when you have something constructive and intelligent in your response. No conjecture and idiotic analogies. I thought out my opinion, I didn't just spit it out. Obviously she stayed in the band even though she didn't want to be there. If I don't like that thats up to me to decide for myself. So screw you Joe ok?

Q, I hear what you're saying. You have a problem giving your hard earned money to a person that doesn't give a rat's ass! Me too! I like Tarja and I think she's very talented. In all fairness, there's always three sides to every story though. We'll probably never know the complete story.

That's why my respect for Andy from Symphorce/Brainstorm increased so much after PPV. He's seems to love his bands and his fans. At least that's how it appears to me.

I'll be buying it. I can see your argument, but I really don't know if we can tell how Tarja truely felt from the interviews and press releases we've seen. Tarja told the band she had decided to leave in December 2004.

This doesn't mean she did not like Nightwish or even love the band. It's possible that she was ready for a change after 9+ years of being with the band. If she was such a cash diva, why would she give up Nightwish now when they are making the most money they have in their careers?

It's the same with a job. If I decided I was only going to work one more year - it would not necessarily mean I hated the job or the people. It would mean that I had something else I wanted to do with my life. It does not mean I'm going to take the next year as a joke - but that maybe I want to do the most I can with my life and not be stuck to one job forever.

People are jumping all over Tarja for not having her heart into Nightwish - but it would've been 10+ years with them. She has always had other goals in life too besides Nightwish. That does not mean her heart was not in the band at the time. Tarja had faults for sure - and her husband helped in it as well. However, lets remember we're all humans - and our desires and goals do change over time.

The same with Stratovarius. Tolkki has given deadlines on when the last Stratovarius album will be. (I believe only 2 more albums). That does not mean his heart's not into it - but he has other things he wants to do as well (Produce albums)

Your loss I guess

I'm no Nightwish fan, and even I disagree with you. Listen to music for the music's sake, not for the sake of the "stability" of the lineup, or because you agree with the politics and ideals of the band.

We also have a Falconer thread, where everyone was excited because Blad was back in the band. Talk about a guy whose heart wasn't in it... he didn't want to play out, or tour, or anything. And people are STILL excited that he's back.

Well in case most of you didnt see Glenn's post, it says Tarja will receive no money from the DVD as far as royalities because Tuomas owns Nightwish more or less. She has a good voice and I guarantee that it will be an awesome DVD, so fucking pick it up.

Having been a NIGHTWISH fan since 1998, and being friends witha couple of the members, i will most definetly pick it up. Not for nostalga sake, but for the reason so many people have stated for the music sake. There will be songs on the DVD that none of us, other than the ones who went to Helsinki to see the show will ever see them do live, ie CREEK MARY'S BLOOD with JOHN TWO_HAWKS. So you bet your sweet biffie i will get it. And as Glenn so stated, Tarja will not get any royalties from this.

No TUOMAS is not in it for the money, and he has so stated in many interviews, IT'S THE MUSIC. It has always been just for the MUSIC, in the eyes of JUKKA, MARKO, EMPPU, and TUOMAS. Listen to the words of OCEANSOUL and you will see. This is just my humble opinion, and not meant to infringe on any one else's opinion.

John

I agree with some of you. I'm not a nightwish fan at all, but Tarja is clearly a brat, and I feel bad for their fans, since they seem like cool guys. That said, I'd still get the album if i was a big fan. Like Glenn said, she's getting nothing from it.

as for the Blind Guardian/Metallica examples, well BG still gets my respect, and Metallica should have canned Lars instead of Jason. ;)

booB said:
I'm no Nightwish fan, and even I disagree with you. Listen to music for the music's sake, not for the sake of the "stability" of the lineup, or because you agree with the politics and ideals of the band.

We also have a Falconer thread, where everyone was excited because Blad was back in the band. Talk about a guy whose heart wasn't in it... he didn't want to play out, or tour, or anything. And people are STILL excited that he's back.
Yes, I am glad Mathias Blad is back in FALCONER! Did you ever think that maybe the story about not touring and what not was just a convenient excuse to tell people why they wanted Kristoffer Gobel in the band? How many times you see the "musical differences" reason given, then bump into a band member and get the real story? FALCONER changed their style a bit when Kristoffer got there. That was the idea. Read their reason for getting Mathias back in the band and you'll understand what I'm talking about. They want to go back to their old style.

Well, as a giant NIGHTWISH fan I was so sad too!! Even my "DEATH METAL" friends apologized for me because they know how much I LOVE that band, and they always made fun of their music and other Power Metal (like my favorite one of all, Rhapsody & Helloween).. so this is obvious that I was so sad when I heard this news!! That even they said sorry. But also, I was ANGRY! Based on both sides that have been on Blabbermouth it seems that it's hard to justify the truth or whatever, I guess. But it doesn't seem so much that Tarja denied a lot of what he said, so maybe he gets more points, but I don't see it like this, I just wish the band would cut the shit and Tarja would continue with Nightwish. I never saw them and it makes me so upset!! I wish that they would make 10 more albums with Tarja not one more if she didn't get kicked out. I am so displeased as a Nighwish fan, I love them so much, from the moment I heard them I thought there was such something magical of their music, but even after the years and what has happened, I will still buy what I can afford of Nightwish, with Tarja or not because I am not going to judge her music on her personality based on what was said about her, true or not, maybe she is a bitch, maybe. In any case, if you were to judge bands by their personalities you would probably not like lots of bands (for instance, MANOWAR)

But, since you mentioned RHAPSODY it is only obvious that I must say, I AM IN LOVE WITH THAT BAND! And I am very excited for their live album (even though it's in Canada.. I was screaming louder than any Canadian when I saw them here in June and banging my head more than anyone in Quebec!!!! :bah: ). In any case, Fabio is a dedicated front man, one of the best, I love him!! He even goes in his forum every day and once in a while answers questions and things like that. He's the greatest musician I ever met!! I have kept in touch with several musicians I've met through email but Fabio has been better!!! He even made a call to me on my birthday. Rhapsody is the best band in my opinion today (power metal) and I am so greatful they were all nice as all hell and not breaking up!!!!! Rhapsody should play in more South American and Spanish Islands and record those shows because in those places we fans are super crazy!! :headbang: :worship:

Anyways, I am so devoted to those bands. But I would not deny a band for their personal problems, even if it was true abuot Tarja, it will never change the amazing music they created and her special voice!!

The_Q said:
Now before I say what I have to say let me explain why I'm going to say it first. I've been thinking a lot about this lately. Are a lot of people going to think I'm just being an asshole? Are people going to think I'm just being whiny or a brat? Thats why I haven't replyed to anything regarding the Nightwish issue as of late. I had the thought in the back of my mind that because of the recent issues that they would shelve or delete the forthcoming live album. Now I hear it has an official release date. I as one of the biggest Nightwish fan am saddened by this, completely and utterly saddened by this, and heres why. Why would anyone ANYONE want to purchase a live CD after knowing that the singer you loved and moreso RESPECTED so much was just going through the motions for the cash and didn't want to be there? I would never buy another thing with the name Nightwish on it with Tarja singing on it. I also feel very very sorry for those who were at that concert. Just my thoughts and nothing more. Thank God Rhapsody has a live album coming out in January, now theres a singer who loves his band!!

Ok, this is not a flame or a troll...but dude, really, if you are going to be so sensitive about buying band's shit just because one or two members give you the impression that they are not "into" it, then I guess you will have to throw out all your old Helloween cd's, Metallica cd's, Slayer cd's, Kreator cd's, etc.etc.etc.

Emerald Sword said:
Yes, I am glad Mathias Blad is back in FALCONER! Did you ever think that maybe the story about not touring and what not was just a convenient excuse to tell people why they wanted Kristoffer Gobel in the band?

Except that the 'he doesn't tour' explanation was given when the first album was released, not when Blad was leaving.

And to booB, I don't understand how not wanting to perform live shows a lack of heart and dedication to the performance he was giving- in the studio.

Jim LotFP said:
Except that the 'he doesn't tour' explanation was given when the first album was released, not when Blad was leaving.

And to booB, I don't understand how not wanting to perform live shows a lack of heart and dedication to the performance he was giving- in the studio.
My bad if that was the case. Either way, I'm glad he's back. I love that unique voice!