Sorta melodic metal type dealio stuff.

Anarkissed

BOK CHOY!!!
May 3, 2003
Uranus
anarkissed.deviantart.com
Heyo! I just discovered this forum and thought I'd make a contribution.

I've been gradually getting more and more into mixing and stuff, but so far have not made any significant steps when it comes to equipment. I have a 30 watt roland amp and some sort of no-name dynamic mike plugged directly into my Audigy 2. Oh, and a Zoom 707II =P

Me and my mate recorded a few demos of some of our songs over a period of about a year. The second guitar was done using a 150 (I think) watt Ashton bass amp and Boss ME-50. Drums were programmed in Fruity Loops using a bunch of random free samples we found on the net. Did I mention we have crappy equipment?

The recordings were really more geared towards having a general idea of how our songs sound so we had stuff to show to prospective band members rather than to show off any mixing/recording prowess, although as I said, I've been getting more interested in the mixing side of things in the last few months and hope to spend more time on this sort of stuff.

Anyways, I just wanted to get your opinions on these recordings (particularly 'Death Denied' and 'Catatonic', our latest ones)...mostly in terms of the guitar mix, and how I can improve it. Ignore the drums!

http://www.myspace.com/lumbricus

Thanks!