Pop/Punk type stuff

Er... amarshism, what's up with that epic/tasteless thread hijacking?

Jamie, I'm digging this as I get more into it, but it is definitely too 'metal' to me - overheads a bit too bright/polished - try maybe not filtering them so much and using them for some of the kit sound? Kick is a bit too click, snare isn't thick enough for my tastes. Toms sound pretty good.

The biggest issue with it is that there's still some editing to be done, it sounds like - timing issues, especially in the beginning, that are pretty distracting. Pocket that bass RIIIIGHT up to the drums for this style, as well - it'll make your kick sound huge and your bass will sit in the mix a lot better!

Vox could come up during the verse - tried parallel comping them?

Hi Jeff, cheers for the heroic entrance ;)

I'm pretty hungover this morning, but I'm right in on the drums, added a bit more mid to the kick, a bit less top end slap and it seems a bit more rocky now. Trying to sort the snare out. I'll be honest, I've been battling with this snare drum, I don't want to use a sample though. Trying to stay away from my Slate packs!

I've never ever thought of parallel comping the vocals. Why didn't I think of that before.

Drum and guitar edits ahoy!

Ugh, I've got rehearsal later today and my head is pounding. And I've got no amp... just have to borrow my mates Orange. </random>

Intro sounds muuuuch cleaner this time, dude! bass is gelling better on this end, too; funny how those things work! Especially on that verse with the stacatto bits, helps the vocals pop out more as well!

On those harmony vocals in the chorus, maybe bring them up, but lay off on the delay? Or is that just sibilances coming in at different times that I'm hearing? I think if you darken those a bit but bring them up in volume it'll add to the impact of the lead vocal more but not detract from it, entire thing will sound more powerful.

Everythings sound better though, nice improvement!

Thanks man. I appreciate the help. Really improved it and the band are really happy with it. I'll take note on the chorus harmonies (which I sang!) and try and darken them a little. I've got a naturally high voice. No delay on the harmonies just the different ways we sang it.