Livin La Vida Loca... A Punk version...

I love this song! lmao

I like their take on it but I don't think the mix works. The whole POD/Slate thing is just not right for the style. Too hifi and a bit harsh? I'd go with messier/roomier drum samples and one of the free amp sims, maybe LExtAC. Vocals sound good though, a touch buried.

Either this is total great or total shit.

I'd be very appreciative if someone wanted to be so kind as to tell me what they thought. No worries if not though :)

OH, HAI!

Cheers for the comment man. Funnily enough, people have said the vocals are the part they like least about this mix and they love everything else haha. I appreciate your input :)

I realy like this mix tho , mybe a bit less harsh like Morgan told , but imo this works good too :)
Liked the vocals alot man gj :D

Holy shit, this is a RIDICULOUSLY amazing arrangement of the song. Such a relief to hear something like this amongst all the shitty metalcore songs in the rate your mix section.
I recall Ermz saying he didn't dig the Sansamp Bass Driver but damn I think it sounds good in this mix.
Any way for you to re-amp this with real amps or you stuck with your POD? Try another Amp sim like Morgan suggested, could do this wonders

Cheers for the comments guys. I very much appreciate it. The band are a real nice bunch of lads.

The bass used to record was very very nice, so that helped. I also put it into a cab Impulse to make it sound a little bit better, worked a treat. It's just getting the right tone from the Bass Driver I think.

I don't have the capability to re-amp just now. I'm waiting on a transformer for my re-amp build. The DI's I have aren't the best either, I only have the Pod DI and it's not good at all. Rather noisy. I'd have put this through my SL-X and JCM800 cab if I had the re-amp box. FML :(

It's part of a 4 track demo, otherwise I'd be asking about for some re-amps.

I suspect my ghetto mastering is making it sound harsh.

Again, thanks for the feedback guys, it's greatly appreciated

I was skeptical coming in here, but it actually sounds great!

About reamping, post the DIs here and a couple of people from the forum would probably give it a shot.

Really? You wanting all the guitar parts? I'd need to edit them a little, but if you wanna, I could send you the DI's later?

Cheers buddy.

I used Slate Snare 15 and Kick 4 (I think) I blended the snare with his one, it was a Joey Jordison Pearl snare.

I'm tuning vocals on something just now, I'll get the DI's up in about half an hour.