sorta NEW style of production. RATE MY MIX

May 25, 2010
please say ANYTHING that comes to mind about the mix. its for a new band that's recording an EP this week. i started this only 5 hours ago, so i'm not at all done, just feel pretty confident about how its starting to sound. i'm especially proud of the snare.

and yes, i am getting paid to rip of Asking Alexandria / Capture the Crown for this band. i'm heavily producing / writing the music and doing 100% of synth.

CLICK HERE FOR TEH SONG \m/

Sounds sick thus far, especially loving that snare. What snare is that?

Also the production is great, I've been curious for a while, how do you produce that glitching synth effect at :24?

Well shit it sounds sick as hell Cory! But other than the kick/snare combo being wildly different than people are used to on this forum, I don't detect anything new enough to fully appreciate your thread title...?

Mind explaining what I might be missing?

Well shit it sounds sick as hell Cory! But other than the kick/snare combo being wildly different than people are used to on this forum, I don't detect anything new enough to fully appreciate your thread title...?

Mind explaining what I might be missing?

i wasn't necessarily meaning a whole new sound, i was trying to word it enticingly i guess i may have stretched the truth a little bit, but i'm processing everything differently, and i thought it added to the cleanliness of the sound :)

Sounds sick thus far, especially loving that snare. What snare is that?

Also the production is great, I've been curious for a while, how do you produce that glitching synth effect at :24?

Snare is about 60% Kris Truman's snare (can be found on Chango Facebook group) mixed with Snare 12a z1, Snare 12a SSD, and Snare 11a SSD Room.

and that one in particular is hand chopped 64th notes laid out, and then i automated the EQ hi/lo-pass bands.

If your referring to that old Chango snare then nvm. Just wasn't too sure why you said "Kris Truman's snare"

This is insanely good.
What eq/comp do you do to the kick to get it to sound that good? Ive been using kick 10, and want it to sound like that, but just cant get it right.