soul forlorn

Hey I just head Soul Forlorn yesterday as well. I must say that I am in awe.... I have never been this impressed with music since I first heard Opeth. That as you all know is a big thing. As soon as I get the money this CD will be in my hands!! :D This is contender for my second favorite band. Can't wait for the next album, and get a record deal!!!!

Shit, you have a CD out? Fuck me!

Where do I sign up?

Man, you need a record deal in a big way. You should advertise and find some other fantastic musicians (and perhaps one you can share vocals with, I love bands with multiple singers).

I wish I could play metal drums with the speed and intensity you'd require, damn.

best wishes,

Satori

Wow, thanks a lot guys! This has been really refreshing since the Soul Forlorn project has kind of been in the back of my mind the last several weeks. I'm in the process of moving to a different city (about 50 miles to the east of where I currently live) and that has provided me with an absolutely enormous amount of work and has taken up damn near all of my free time as of late. I have a handful of songs in the works but are uncompleted. I am extremely anxious to get back into my studio and start recording which will happen probably in a couple of weeks. Without being able to create music I feel unfulfilled.

Shit, you have a CD out? Fuck me!

Well, it's just the cd that mp3.com makes. It's really cool though. Mp3.com does all the artwork and stuff and the cd contains both standard audio tracks that can be played on any cd player as well as mp3 tracks for your computer/other mp3 player. You can order it directly from my mp3.com page. And hey, it's only like 8 bucks (that's the cheapest they'll let me sell it for).

Man, you need a record deal in a big way. You should advertise and find some other fantastic musicians (and perhaps one you can share vocals with, I love bands with multiple singers).

I actually did a fair amount of promotion back in August just for the hell of it. It's really tedious, and very time-consuming and it takes away from valuable time that I could be using to create more music with. Not that I won't be doing more promotion in the future. Hooking up with other musicians in my area would be really cool but unfortunately there are very few musicians in this part of downstate Illinois that are capable/willing to play in this style. Damn I just live to far away from Chicago!

Originally posted by CladInDarkness
DUDE! chicago doesnt really have that many either man if you know of some let me know i play guitar and im looking for a bassist and a drummer

No kidding! I'd love to start a doom metal band, but unfortunately finding people is REALLY damn hard. Strange that we have two awesome doom bands, Novembers Doom and Avernus, in our little non-doomy area. The worst part of all is that we guitarists are way too damn common. I'm also a keyboardist though, so...anyway, enough complaining from me. I'll guess I'll keep my music a solo project for now.

You guys must be new to the forum, Soul Forlorn has been kicking many of our metal-lovin' asses for some time now. The mp3.com CD is worth it, as far as I'm concerned, because it's nice to be able to listen to the songs away from the computer, and I really just like actually OWNING the albums that I listen to.
Supporting artists - GOOD!

It also comes with a little Macromedia Director-made specialty player for the MP3's on your computer, with artist and song info windows, which is kinda neat.