Soulfly

whata57

Aug 2, 2007
What d'you guys thing of the new Soulfly album? I reckon it was awesome. They have got past their crappy nu metal phase and their new material is actually pretty heavy. Anyone else agree? Any favourite songs on the album?

We it's now offical anyway that Soulfly are more Sepultura than Sepultura themselves with only one original member left in Sep. *Sigh* Why do all good things have to end!

Anyway, anyone heading over to the Soulfly tours in the UK next month? Should be good! Check it out!

I MAKE YOU BLEED MAKE YOU BLEEDIN NOW
070618max-cavalera.jpg

BLEED

fred_durst.jpg

Any attempt to be taken seriously after THAT ^ is invalid.

What I have heard from Soulfly sounds like an even more nu-metal-ish version of Roots-era Sepultura. Not my cup of tea. If the new album sounds anything like their other albums, I wouldn't like it.

What I have heard from Soulfly sounds like an even more nu-metal-ish version of Roots-era Sepultura. Not my cup of tea. If the new album sounds anything like their other albums, I wouldn't like it.
They apparently went through some big changes.

I don't dislike Soulfly because they're a nu-metal based band and there was some genuinely good nu-metal albums that were pretty inventive and not musically retarded that came out. Soulfly,Limp Bizket, and middle Machine Head was obviously terrible shit and as far as I know Max and Rob were the first figures in metal to jump on Fred Durst's and Korns success and benifitt on it over night and nothing about musical change,etc.. was natural and purely because money. Max Cavalera is obviously in it for money and is basically just about trends and would rather listen to a good nu-metal album than anything Soulfly is recording regardless what. Nu-Metal is dying and regular metal has been back on the rise again for a few years so now Max is trying to get back into the metal niche purely because marketing rather than just doing something different with his band and playing it safe. I don't care what bands are doing and what style, but when it's for the wrong reasons don't really give a shit.

WoW Soulfly is attempting to put out metal albums again and never liked the band so why would I actually listen now. I'll just listen to a good real metal band if wanting to listen to Metal.

it's as simple as that