Sound of White Noise VS. The Black Album

LORD_GALVATRON said:
TBA. Too much filler on SOWN.

Also, i find it humorous when people slag TBA for metallica's change in directon WHEN ANTHRAX DID THE EXACT SAME THING WITH SOWN.

Well it's because after Metallica changed with TBA they totally got shot down and went down hill from there, and when Anthrax changed with SOWN they still kicked ass.

LORD_GALVATRON said:
TBA. Too much filler on SOWN.

Also, i find it humorous when people slag TBA for metallica's change in directon WHEN ANTHRAX DID THE EXACT SAME THING WITH SOWN.
But they didn't do the same thing.
I kinda liked the Black album, but it was a new direction for Metallica and thier music really went comercial after that.
Yeah, Sound of White Noise was also a different direction for Anthrax, but they stayed Thrash Metal. they didn't go Pop Metal, or do any stupid country singles, or start wearing designer clothes or go on camera whining about thier feelings or Napster. Metallica just went kinda Goofy.

DumbAss said:
But they didn't do the same thing.
Uhh, yes they did. Both went from thrash to a more mainstream hard rock/metal sound.
I kinda liked the Black album, but it was a new direction for Metallica and thier music really went comercial after that.
Same for anthrax.
Yeah, Sound of White Noise was also a different direction for Anthrax, but they stayed Thrash Metal.
Uhhh, no.
they didn't go Pop Metal,
neither did metallica.
or do any stupid country singles,
Neither did metallica
or start wearing designer clothes
What the hell does that have to do with anything?
or go on camera whining about thier feelings or Napster.
Read previous point.
Metallica just went kinda Goofy.
And basically firing your singer and guitar player for a "reunion" tour ISN'T goofy?

SOWN is in my opinion anthrax' worst bush album, especially production wise. the guitars sound horribly 'loose' and grungy ~(probably Dave Jerdans fault, he did produce AIC) and i dont really rate any songs other than Only, RFOM, Invisible and black lodge. i can only listen to the remixes of potters field and hy pro glo from return of the killer A's.
black album wins. but if this theme of threads continues its the last one ill back Metallica on.

LORD_GALVATRON said:
Uhh, yes they did. Both went from thrash to a more mainstream hard rock/metal sound.
Same for anthrax.
Uhhh, no.
they didn't go Pop Metal,
neither did metallica. Neither did metallica What the hell does that have to do with anything? Read previous point. And basically firing your singer and guitar player for a "reunion" tour ISN'T goofy?
:err: Okay, you win, Metallica is great, Anthrax sucks.:Smug: