Sound of White Noise VS. The Black Album

Apr 3, 2005
IL
I'm going with SOWN because I can listen to every song on it and I havn't even listened to all of the Black Album. I'm guessing that SOWN is going to win, but I figured both CD's came out sort of around eachother and both albums showed that the bands changed their styles.

MetalT

As much as I was dissapointed in SOWN when it came out (Persistence of time blew it away) I still will take it ANY DAY over the Black Album which to me is the biggest dissapointment of any album in the history of metal music. This was the album that turned Metallica into the garbage band they are today.

No comparison for me - SOWN.

Unlike Metallica after the black album, we didn't see the New Kids on the Block and Bros fans decide to turn up to see Anthrax...

Jesus you guys are harsh on the black album! There is alot of good shit on that. So too on SOWN. Cant choose a winner

reidie said:
Jesus you guys are harsh on the black album! There is alot of good shit on that. So too on SOWN. Cant choose a winner

Do you have a secret, super-special version of the Black album with lots of unheard tracks ?

Jesus... talk about comparing a Corvette to a CheVETTE!!
Sound of white noise was a new step in an AWESOME direction for Anthrax.
The Black album, although I like a couple of tunes, was a step in a VERY BAD direction for Craptalica.
SOWN, every song a gem and definatly pulled me back to Anthrax when I was starting to get tired of thier '80s sound.

I used to like the black album back in 1993, I was 13 years then, and I liked lot of stuff I don`t anymore. SOWN is a better thrash album even if it`s not in my Anthrax top 4, it`s full lenght enjoyable, while in the other side, the black shit has 2 or 3 songs and the rest are just blues.

Regarding the impact on the whole metal scene and also the diversity, I'd pick Black album. But it's a tough choice.

Sound of White Noise is my favorite album of all time. Not just by Anthrax, but of any band, solo artist, afro-cuban trio, etc. I also believe that 'Black Lodge' is the best song ever written. I like that song so much, in fact, that I only listen to it about once a year.

MetalThrasher442 said:
I'm going with SOWN because I can listen to every song on it and I havn't even listened to all of the Black Album. I'm guessing that SOWN is going to win, but I figured both CD's came out sort of around eachother and both albums showed that the bands changed their styles.

MetalT
Black Album by a mile. SOWN is a good record, but in NO WAY does it touch the Black Album in recorded metal perfection. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't have a clue