Sound of White Noise appreciation thread

Both of those albums are absolute total garbage. I threw my CD copies out the window of my car like a Frisbee. I even revisited those albums recently just to see if they were as bad as I remembered and I could honestly barely get through half of them without turning it off. I will give the bush era fans the SOWN album as being a well written record. But Stomp and Volume 8 shouldn't even have the name Anthrax on the cover. They are embarrassingly bad. Definitely not underrated and don't deserve any appreciation

A broken rec, rec,rec,rec,rec,rec,rec,record..........:rolleyes:

Again, one of my main issues with "Stomp" was that they left off one of their best songs from the time, Grunt & Click (which was remedied on the reissue). I also loved Fueled, King Size, Perpetual Motion, and Tester.

And the cover of Celebrated Summer seemed so out there that it was awesome.

Again, one of my main issues with "Stomp" was that they left off one of their best songs from the time, Grunt & Click (which was remedied on the reissue). I also loved Fueled, King Size, Perpetual Motion, and Tester.

And the cover of Celebrated Summer seemed so out there that it was awesome.

Correct! Tester is awesome..........

Love the opening of Tester. Simple yet totally brutal. Reminds me of a methodic and melodic beating. PUNCH PUNCH kickkickkick PUNCH PUNCH PU-PUNCH.

Heavy shit there. To me Fueled, Tester, Drop the Ball and In a Zone are the heaviest, maybe we should start a Stomp Thread!

These kids think Fueled is heavy too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xdhwe8DQm8

:kickass::kickass:

Holy shit I think I just cried unconsciously. The last time I saw Anthrax I started a huge mosh pit in like 90 deg weather in the sun. I made it through like 3 songs before the big dudes came out and knocked me 20 feet downhill, and it was fucking awesome. That video.. is.. sad.

And oh yeah. Fueled is a great song. Thrash? no.

SOWN is a great fuckin album! I can't stand this is not an exit & invisible though. Potter's field, Only, Room for 1 more, 1000 Points of hate and Black Lodge, awesome shit!

OK, so we all know how much of a killer metal record SOWN is.

With the new record only a few weeks away now I decided to have a serious listening session today on the ipod, and put SOWN on. I reckon it must be pretty close to being Anthrax's most consistent record, it is all superbly written tunes and there's not too many peaks and troughs...... Even the worst couple of songs are for me a 8/10 (for me these would be Burst, Packaged Rebellion, Hyproglo), but they're still killer tunes!!!!

Potters Field, Only, R41M, Invisible, 1000 Points, Black Lodge, and Sodium are all for me, supreme quality metal. Absolutely killer stuff. And those that complain that Only is overated.... I understand that being said but when I cranked it full-blast through headphones, it remains a great song for mine.

And one more point...... SOWN is for me, Anthrax's career peak from a lyrical point of view. Cool stuff indeed.

My 2nd (maybe 3rd depending on which day of the week it is!!!) favourite Anthrax record, that holds up brilliantly 18 years on.

SOWN - we salute you!!!

its a good album but not great, i think some people think of it as a great record was because the 3 following albums were so bad, pot for me is the one but im not knocking sown as ive loads of bootlegs from this tour and the songs are great live, the likes of 1000 points and invisible, i think belladonna could do a good job on invisible and room for one more

I personally think SOWN & POT are their most complete albums. The only thing that separates the two for me is the obvious white elephant in the room (Joey & John for those that are a bit slow).

There was such an incredible creative energy on SOWN especially the first 3 tracks.

I personally think SOWN & POT are their most complete albums. The only thing that separates the two for me is the obvious white elephant in the room (Joey & John for those that are a bit slow).

There was such an incredible creative energy on SOWN especially the first 3 tracks.

SOWN with POT production = best album ever.............just about anyways....:headbang:

I like alot of the guitar work on SOWN, but some of it is too distorted. Lyrically, the wheels were falling way the fuck off the wagon. 'I hate you and you hate me', what the fuck? Still a solid release.

I like alot of the guitar work on SOWN, but some of it is too distorted. Lyrically, the wheels were falling way the fuck off the wagon. 'I hate you and you hate me', what the fuck? Still a solid release.

What's wrong with the lyrics to this song? Still better than "Medusa she's staring at you, Medusa, with her eyes" come on :lol:

What's wrong with the lyrics to this song? Still better than "Medusa she's staring at you, Medusa, with her eyes" come on :lol:

No, Medusa is a different type of song and those lyrics fit the song well. 1000 Points Of Hate is supposed to be aggressive and those lyrics are fucking retarded.