Sound of White Noise

Man, those were the days.
I remember KBPI (the nu-shit-metal station now...) was premiering "Only".
I waited with a friend in his car to hear "Only" on the radio before Sound Of White Noise was released.
Damn...... And I remember purchasing Sound Of White Noise the day it was released....

I dig SOWN, but my copy sounds like it's mixed "low"....the drums are muddy, the guitar not as "crunchy"......I need to get the reissue!

Yeah, they're louder and brighter.

I remember buying SOWN the day it came out. I also remember seeing the video for Only. It was the first time I heard Bush. I was skeptical about him at first.

SOWN kicks the fucking shit. Not a truely bad song on it. My only gripe was that they should've added "Poison My Eyes" on the original release... If you have the "Last Action Hero" soundtrack, you should know just how much this song rocks.

Oh yeah, Lazer 103 in Milwaukee were playing the hell out of Black Lodge when SOWN was out. Killer track.

it seemed on sown that john didnt want to step on anyones toes,i much prefer it when he is screaming the lyrics out,he totally kicks on wcfya!

Sgt-D said:
SOWN kicks the fucking shit. Not a truely bad song on it. My only gripe was that they should've added "Poison My Eyes" on the original release... If you have the "Last Action Hero" soundtrack, you should know just how much this song rocks.

Oh yeah, Lazer 103 in Milwaukee were playing the hell out of Black Lodge when SOWN was out. Killer track.

Poison My Eyes fuckin rules!:headbang:

Sgt-D said:

I've never understood why SOME people don't like the song Poison my Eyes. This song really rocks. I've tried over and over again for an eleborate explanation/debate on why said party thinks this is not a "real" song. Please...for the life of me...enlighten me.

i realy like the first minute of the song but after that it just dies for me,the reason it was left off is because anthrax were not completely happy with how the song turned out!

Metal Maiden said:
"u cant say cunt in canada"

:lol: :lol:

i was wondering how long it would take someone,nff is getting slack.

i got it off a kevin bloody wilson live cd,he was saying how when u play overseas they always chase an r rating for obvious reasons,anyway he got a letter back saying he got the ok then another letter come after it saying u arent allowed to say cunt in canada,so he made up a song especially for canada when he toured there hehehehe

u should here the song its a total crack up!!!

I have no fucking clue why someone wouldn't like "Poison My Eyes." It's fucking ruling. It was one of their best soundtrack songs, easily. Between that tune, AC/DC's "Big Gun," and Megadeth's "Angry Again," it was one of the only good things about the film Last Action Hero...

Poison my eyes should be in the Anthrax HOF of songs !! The underdog. But I pop in tapes of appearances and shit from the era too. They seem to be having alot of fun in those days. Maybe too much who knows. It was their honeymoon stage with Bush. It seems they're having alot of fun now. Especially in Europe.

TD said:
"Poison My Eyes" rocks. End of story.

headbob.gif

:)

SOWN had excellent promotion. Hell the video for "only" was being played a full month before the album was released. Plus there was a lot of speculation about the new singer. Not to mention the fact, that this was 1993.

Man, I remember that album coming out! When I tooled down to the local store to grab it, they were playing, "This is Not an Exit"---never heard it before (obviously) but I knew who it was immediately.

Those were great days, my friends!