Sound Replacement

proulxski said:
suddelnly it all makes sense...But Gentlemen_Of_The_Snow is a big loser, so listen not to what he says... LOL

Gp3 rules, and Gp4 is the same shizit justa few extra features... As for tabbit, stick with gp3 if you have it, if you have tabbit go with Gp3 lol..or 4 ;)

You most-likely know nothing about Tabbit. It may be better/completely different! :D

I am the only one in the whole planet who doesn't like the drum sound of the Odyssey album i think. Of course the production, mixing and sound QUALITY are great, but i -no way- like the (triggered or sound replaced) drum sounding in the album.

Xymphony said:
I am the only one in the whole planet who doesn't like the drum sound of the Odyssey album i think. Of course the production, mixing and sound QUALITY are great, but i -no way- like the (triggered or sound replaced) drum sounding in the album.

I love 'em :D

Xymphony said:

Honestly, I dislike the drum sound on The Odyssey too. Extremely claustrophobic production with no depth. The sound quality itself is very good, but for some reason it sounds lifeless.

I greatly prefer the clear, spacious drum production of V.

arglebargle said:
Honestly, I dislike the drum sound on The Odyssey too. Extremely claustrophobic production with no depth. The sound quality itself is very good, but for some reason it sounds lifeless.

I greatly prefer the clear, spacious drum production of V.

Oh my :OMG: you are the first person that i know to agree on this with me!!! "lifeless" is a good saying. For example, when attacking on the snare (with two hands), both (hand's) sound too identical. It is as if an unreal fast drummer made it with one hand! Same thing is also in the double bass sound. I like drum sound in which i feel the frequency diversities.They all also lack enough sound depth, including the cymbal tones.

The drum sound in V is really cool, but it lacks a little higher sound quality and mastering i think. A more professional mastering (as in Odyssey) with V tones would be really amazing IMO

Or the best example of drums full of tone and space is (even though it's not Symphony X) Images and Words, of course, by Dream Theater. Godly drum sound. Also, everything on V was amazing.

I agree, and if we take that it was released in 1994 into consideration, the drum production and sound of the album "Awake" by D.T. is incredible!!!

ptah knemu said:
Or the best example of drums full of tone and space is (even though it's not Symphony X) Images and Words, of course, by Dream Theater.

I gotta disagree. That album's production is way too clean. It sounds so polished, wimpy (especially the guitars), and downright unmetal. I feel like Im listening to a Poison album. Musically, it is indeed fantastic, but the production is so stuck in late 80's pop metal.

ptah knemu said:
Or the best example of drums full of tone and space is (even though it's not Symphony X) Images and Words, of course, by Dream Theater. Godly drum sound. Also, everything on V was amazing.

I actually don't really like the sound of the drums on that album. It's not terrible or anything, but I prefer The Odyssey's drum sound.

I think that what all bands need for their drum sound is a Picollo snare. Those sound KICKASS!!!!!!! I just bought one today and said to myself "I have to bring up this in some wierd way in the forum." The Pearl Brass Piccolo snare. Every band needs one, and now mine has one. I don't know if Jason Rullo has one, but if he doesn't, he should definitely get one.

Like I said.
Piccolo = GOD!!!!!!

Except on Images and Words. A piccolo wouldn't have worked for that album.

Yngvai X said:
I gotta disagree. That album's production is way too clean. It sounds so polished, wimpy (especially the guitars), and downright unmetal. I feel like Im listening to a Poison album. Musically, it is indeed fantastic, but the production is so stuck in late 80's pop metal.
I'm with you, man. That triggered snare is fucking horrid. All those even-volume (triggered, 80's-sounding) tom runs, then BAM BAM BAM BAM SNARE IN YOUR FACE BAM! My favorite DT album, but the production was pure pop.

I just said that I love the snare sound. I never said anything about the sound of everithing.

We know Gentlemen's a gigantic loser. You've said it a million times. But do you know him personally or something? Because he's been on here for only like 30 posts, and I don't think that's enough time for someone to judge them on weather they're a loser or not.