Soundcard frequency response with RoomEq

::XeS::

Mar 30, 2005
Italy
www.myspace.com
Ok guys, I'm doing some room calibration with RoomEq.
This little software has a cool feature: it checks the soundcard frequency response (the colour that a soundcard can add to the sound) so it can remove the soundcard's response from room measurements.

This is my profire 2626's calibration curve:

We can post here our soundcard frequency response. You don't need a measurement mic because you have only to put a cable from your output to your input.

I have always checked how it sounds...anyway I've not a spl meter so it was not accurate.
But the thread is more about soundcard frequency response :)

And...why Eqing the room is helpless? I know that it's all in your ears, but if you hear a big boom at 70Hz it's not so simple to adjust every time your mixes to the real 70Hz sound...

They say that put an eq before the monitors is uselesss, not that is useless to check the frequencies with roomEq.
RoomEq doesn't put an equalization, it only measure the frequency response of your room

you'd need specially calibrated equipment i think.

But i don't see the use in having something tell you what happens to the frequencies when you go out of your outputs and back into your inputs.... except for when patching in outboard i guess.

I couldn't get it to record my interface' line inputs, just the first input which has a mic pre.