soundcards

daemon097

Nov 12, 2003
southern california
Visit site
Hi,
I use Cubase SX and am thinking of upgrading my soundcard to something a bit more professional. (I hate to say what I've been currently using, but it's been working fine for the most part.)

Anwyays, I am running XP on a P42ghz, and was wondering what sort of setups you guys on here use.

I am currently not doing any recording with my computer - moreso just mixing/mastering. (I record all of my tracks to an alesis hd24, and then dump all of my recorded tracks on my computer for processing.)

Any comments would be appreciated.

Hi - thanks for the reply guys...

Yea - that fireport looks pretty sweet. Right now, I'm using that 10mbit interface on the hd24 (why they didn't put a 100mbit interface I don't know...it couldn't have been more expensive.. ) which is currently kind of a drag (takes about 20-30 min. to pull each song of 24 tracks down...)

Anyways, as for what type of computer i have, I'm running win xp professional on an intel based system p4, 2G, 1G ram, 60G ultra scsi wide hd and interface, and a soundblaster awe.

At this point, I'm just doing stereo mixes...although, if I could get away with being able to do surround mixes as well, that would be great. I'm not sure if I have the horsepower though. (I tried to setup my computer for a surround mix, and it basically brought my computer to it's knees (CPU usage spiked up to 100% and took forever for me to shut the program down...even with task manager..)

thanks for your time..

Hey, do you think it's possible to use the alesis fireport on other hdrecorders than the alesis? i have a roland vs-2480, and i've currently been trying to find a fast way of transfering my music over to the computer with no luck, and this little thingy looks great!

Well, on Alesis' website, they say, "Plug in a ADAT/FST formatted drive" So - I imagine the answer would be no.

The other thing is....Alesis has their special caddy's that you need to screw your HD into to plug into the HD24. So, I'm assuming the caddy fits perfectly into the fireport.