Soundcraft K1 Desk

if6was9

Ireland
Jun 13, 2007
lreland
Anyone got any experience with these boards?
I've got the chance to pick up a used 16 channel one in PWO flightcased for 200 euro. I need a desk for live shows and it seems very similar specwise to the Allen and heath GL2200 I've been using alot over the last year. We've expanded to 2 rigs so need a second decent desk when both PA's are in use.

Was thinking of picking up a desk to pull double duty as a live desk and to use the pres/EQ to fill out the extra line in on my Fireface800 till I get enough standalone pre's for drum tracking. I won't be running studio mixes through it as I already have a nice 32 channel Hill Audio console when I want to do that.

I'm gonna go for it. I figure for that price I can try it out and see how I like it and if I don't I can always flip it for a profit. Been thinking of getting something like this for a while.

dynImage

Not a pic of mine but looks exactly the same. Excellent condition and comes flightcased.

Picked it up yesterday and used it for a gig last night. Thought I'd jump straight into the deep end and get used to it right away. First impressions are good- the EQ is very nice and from what I could tell the pres seem nice and clean- kinda hard to judge at a live show though.

Can't wait to try using it for some recording, I may reamp some guitars with it tomorrow if I get back to my house. I'll try summing something through it too and maybe compare something summed in my other Hill Audio console and put them up here for comparison.

Will do it tomorrow, got the whole day free and I've some work to do on a bands stuff anyway so I'll make some comparison clips.
The desk was a steal at 200Euro, the flightcase it came in is worth that alone!