South Florida studios specializing in metal

KKuff

May 5, 2009
West Palm Beach, FL
I'm looking to get a job/internship at a studio here in South Florida (West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami). I'll take anything, but I'd prefer one at a studio specializing in metal. I've been working as an audio tech for corporate events for the past 8 years, and I can't take it anymore, all I've really wanted to do is recording. I've been playing guitar since I was 12, been doing home recordings since I was 15, and I have an associates degree in music production technology. If anyone can help me with this, or can at least just give me some suggestions on where I can look, please let me know.

I live in Miami and I've been running a small studio for local metal bands for a while now but to be honest I don't know if we have any professional metal studios around here. I frequently record bands from the Miami-Dade/Broward area and for the most part their previous recordings have all been terrible and they are usually amazed with the quality they get from me (thanks only to this forum) so as far as my clients know as well there are none around. But around here we do have The Dungeon and the Hit Factory which focus more on radio butt rock as far as I know. Sadly the big money down here is in Rap/latin pop/ reaggeton (or however the fuck you spell it) Good luck dude and please let me know if you find one, cuz that means I have competition lol.

Thanks for the replies. I did know about Audiohammer and Morrisound, but unfortunately Audiohammer is about a 3 hours north of here, and Morrisound is about 4 - 4.5 hours away. I called some studios around here today, and I found one that is willing to let me sit in on some sessions and help out. It's Saturn Sound Studios in West Palm Beach. They don't specialize in metal, but it's still somewhere to start in the industry.

Dobles Productions Recording Studio?

Sirscratch what bands have you recorded?

None really that would be known outside of the local SoFla scene, The only one that anyone outside of florida might know is And Then There Was You but they are more college/pop rock. Other than that I've done my band Kill Jasper, curently working on We Shot the Sheriff (I'll be posting the mix here soon to be torn apart once bass and vox are tracked), In the Aftermath, and Handgun to name a few.

You local?
-Richard

Hey duder, why don't you just buy some gear and start recording bands yourself. You can sit in on sessions till the cows come home, but you will never get good until you get your hands dirty.

Hey duder, why don't you just buy some gear and start recording bands yourself. You can sit in on sessions till the cows come home, but you will never get good until you get your hands dirty.

I have minimal gear at the moment, and I'm looking into buying some more to be able to record bands myself. What I'm looking for now is a way to get in the industry and make contacts and get a job working at a real studio instead of just recording bands at my warehouse space.

Im in south florida.....wouldn't say I just do metal.....Sikth is pretty metal, though, so is Mutiny Within you can check out the studio......
www.bielerbros.com/studio.html

I'd love to check out your studio. I'm on your website right now, I see you're in Pompano Beach. I only live about 30-40 min away from there.