South Park VS Drawn Together

thespectralsorrows said:
I'll take South Park because the stories are way better and often about world topics/culture.
south park has better world topic/culture stories because there is such a severe limitation on the types of stories that drawn together is able to do drawn together always uses only the same 8 characters in every single fucking episode and they're all kinda one-dementional and they all have to live in the same house (porody of the real world) south park would be totaly fucking crap if stan kyle kenny and cartman all had to live in the same house in every single fuckng episode
on the other hand drawn together is still pretty fucking funny despite lack of world topics/culture story arc ability and the animation is better it only takes a week to make an episode of south park but it takes so long to make a single episode of drawn together that they only have time to make 8 episodes a year and south park's animation was so bad that there was a scary huge number of parents taking their pre-kindergarden children to the opening day of the southpark movie because based on how childishly drawn the images in the comercial were

South Park wins my vote. As much as I find Drawn Together slightly amusing, it only ever gets a slight titter out of me. That cartoon tends to be a poor combination of attempting to be Big Brother, South Park and Happy Tree Friends put together. The latter two are both shows that I like immensely, and certainly dislike seeing being copied by uncreative writers who have nothing better to do than think of an entire episode based around something as insipid as a Octopussour.

Secondly, Lord Red Dragon, South Park wasn't about the animation quality. The creators deliberately made the show to appear childish and simple, especially because simple design means less money to be spent on production. Drawn Together has a panel of writers and voice actors, whilst South Park has a very small crew, with the creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone doing most of the voices themselves. That is a little more creative and talented, in my opinion.

Thirdly,have you ever heard of using periods and commas in your posts? It makes reading what you have to say just that little bit more tollerable. I question your excessive use of the word "fuck" or "fucking," too. Do you believe it makes you more cool?

South Park blows Drawn Together away in my book. Drawn Together almost never gets more than a small chuckle out of me and I coulod never watch any episode more than once. South Park has episodes I have seen more times than I care to admit and it is still funny.

Arttiv said:
certainly dislike seeing being copied by uncreative writers who have nothing better to do than think of an entire episode based around something as insipid as a Octopussour.
okay, i admit that the Octopussour joke kinda ran too long/took up too much of the episode, but if you really stop to think about it, the Octopussour was really the most South Park-esque thing that Drawn Together has ever done

south park is like the black sabbath of cartoon comedy...they pushed the envelope so shows like drawn together and family guy, could do the outrageous scenes they do now..... plus cartman is god....

:worship:
cartman-2005.05.11-21.27.45.jpg
:worship:

Not even close, South Park wins by a landslide, even though it's going downhill (Ginger Kids? :yuk: ). Drawn Together has some funny moments, but it's just retarded overall. Tries too hard to shock. I think the trend of trying to shock the viewer more than entertain them really needs to be put to rest, even South Park is becoming a victim of the fad.

Vital Remains said:
drawn together. i hate the way the south park guys talk. its just gay and midget-like.
when i started this thread i had just spent a couple hours looking at some Drawn Together message boards and i really thought all the hard-core Drawn Together fans would see this thread and cram this thread full of posts about how much South Park sucks... well, apparently the hard-core Drawn Together fans from those message boards don't listen to metal music:loco: