sown fact(expensive to record)

Thrillho said:
You have to keep in mind that SOWN was recorded before the digital music revolutiuon. Now-a-days you can get a basement recording for $30 an hour that will sound a world better then anything recorded pre-1990. So many people have G5's, a ton of preamps, a nice board, and killer software like Pro-Tools or Nuendo that completely puts the old analog 2 inch recordings to shame. And even if you are a sucker for analog, you can hook a 2 inch machine up to your Mac and still have an analog recording with the capability of using the powerfull digital editing. Things have gotten a lot smaller, better sounding, and cheaper since SOWN. But the mastering is still very important. I once made a CD that was completely ruined in the mastering. Anyone who has the job title of mastering CD's needs to know what they are doing. There they are, holding a bands swet and blood in their hands, and they can fuck it all up and still charge an arm and a leg.

p.s. - fuck axl.
you are right!!!!!
Digital revolution rules

Look at the Crossfade record, they didn't even have a contract. They recorded the whole album in their basement and the record company put it out as-is. It sounds great and it's sold close to a million copies, if not more.

Boy you want to talk about a band working hard, they have hit my town THREE TIMES since Halloween when they opened for Alter Bridge. I'm not a huge fan of the band (although a couple songs rock,) but you have to respect the work ethic.