space-y metal

You people are all failing for not seconding my Arcturus rec. I have heard most of the other stuff mentioned in this thread and none of it is as awesome and spacey as The Sham Mirrors.

No, you fail because you're trying to get additional praise for making a recommendation and acting like your choice is somehow objectively the best and that everyone should agree with you. For the record, I like the album that you recommended quite a bit, but stop fishing for compliments and trying to act superior just because you recommended an album to someone on the internet.

No, you fail because you're trying to get additional praise for making a recommendation and acting like your choice is somehow objectively the best and that everyone should agree with you. For the record, I like the album that you recommended quite a bit, but stop fishing for compliments and trying to act superior just because you recommended an album to someone on the internet.

Funny. Oh and your prob in Las Vegas, considering...

I realize I came off as rather arrogant. What I really should have meant to say was that many of these recs - Megadeth? Devin Townsend? They really do not strike me as space metal like Arcturus or Darkspace.

You people are all failing for not seconding my Arcturus rec. I have heard most of the other stuff mentioned in this thread and none of it is as awesome and spacey as The Sham Mirrors.

Hmm...

Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors

EDIT: Oops...

I only own La Masquerade Infernale. Is The Sham Mirrors better?

La Masquerade Infernale is a great album, but the main reason why I prefer The Sham Mirrors is that it is simply more coherent. In fact, the latter is unusually coherent for such an experimental album.

If Darkspace didn't have "space" in the name I don't think nearly as many people would regard them in the same way. Really mediocre stuff, imo. Really dull.

I would recommend Trist (Ger) - Hin/Fort. Particularly the "Hin" song. Falls more into line with what most people would consider a spacey atmosphere and feeling.

To clarify: I think people's perception of spacey often relates to space rock, which is not even close to what Darkspace is like whatsoever, so I can see where people would say there's a disconnect.