Spanish gigs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I was at Fuenlabrada too and I have to agree a little with Rakytyka but on the other hand I feel we are not being fair with the audience either.

Truth is that Mago de Oz were headliners that day and many people expected them. It is also truth that those people were shouting "Mago" between the songs of the swedish, something that I found totally unrespectful, but it is the same respect many people, who were there for Katatonia, showed them days before. If you just take a look at the event in last.fm or some phorums people complain why the mighty Katatonia should play with bands like Mago de Oz, that after Katatonia many will go away, bla, bla, bla... That's not really positive right?

I just don't care about some comments or the others, I just want to think we could enjoy a full show of them, in Madrid, and for free, and that was with the help of Mago de Oz, even when I don't (musically) like them. I hope we could enjoy some more bands in the forthcoming years of this "fiestas de Fuenlabrada" concert so we can see Katatonia again or more bands...

I don't think the Katatonia guys will think about coming back again after such a bad response from Fuenlabrada's audience. Anyway, I'm sure some people enjoyed the concert but if what you tell about the concert is right, it's very disrespectful.

I went to Barcelona's concert and I have to say it was AWESOME. We didn't fill the place but the ones we were there were completly devoted to them. Sadly they didn't play any new song but the sound was amazing. And Jonas voice was completly astonishing, In the last gig I went (Bikini (Barcelona), I think it was on 2007) he didn't sing as fucking well as he sang two days ago. I'm completly looking forward to the next album just because his vocal performance.

And I'm sorry but I don't remember the setlist but some songs (in random order) were:
Consternation, Deadhouse, Cold ways, Teargas, Tonight's music, The future of speech, My twin, soil's song, july, ghost of the sun, criminals, evidence and murder.

Yes. People from Fuenlabrada were so disrespectful with them. I felt some embarrasing about the people. ANd i hope they will back again to Madrid. :mad:

Nop. (not in this order) Evidence, Tonights music, July, My Twin, I am nothing, The future of speach, Teargas, Soil song, Ghost of the sun, Burn the remembrance and some others, but nothing new.

You're wrong with some songs of the setlist dear, they sang these songs (I'm not sure about the order of some of them):

Consternation (this was the first, I still remember :rofl:)
Soil's Song (the second)
Cold Ways
For My Demons
Teargas
Tonight's Music
The Future Of Speech
Ghost Of The Sun
Sleeper
Criminals
My Twin
July
Evidence (the last one)

Katatonia were great, they're professionals so they acted that way, but these stupid people from my town... my God, I wanted to rip everybody's head, they were screaming for Mägo and saying "fuera" = out to Katatonia, so disrespectful... I felt embarrased, it was a huge shame for Katatonia, I really thank them that they came here but I wish they never return to Fuenlabrada, this place doesn't deserve a band like Katatonia. I was in the first row, just in front of Jonas, singing all the damn songs and moving my head, and people at my both sides were looking at me like I was mad because I could sing all their songs but I didn't give a fuck, I enjoyed like a child their concert. Jonas even said thank you in spanish but people were even playing mobile games next to my boyfriend... we (a few people, maybe in the first rows just 5-6 people supporting Katatonia) tried to scream Katatonia but the other people screaming Mago shut all our voices down... it was frustrating... but I will never forget their songs and I really had a good time :D I hope to see them again in a place where people like them too and enjoy together :headbang: I wish I could catch a drum stick but Daniel threw them to the side where nobody liked Katatonia... fuck them all!!!
Katatonia is the best!

You might be right about the songs tuska, I was soooooooooooooooooo angry yesterday when i got home that didnt remember those well. I just could think of all the dickheads around me fucking everything up. I was almost in the first row in front of Anders and I could not see anyone singing except my boyfriend and me.
I think the problem is not the place (Fuenlabrada, Madrid or wherever), but the combination of the bands. Yesterday there were too different bands, too different styles and too different kind of "fans" all together and it just didnt work.

Btw Tuska, I see you like Heroes del Silencio right? It seems we have very similar music taste :)

As I said before, Spain is different. I have read in last.fm forums about the morons who fucked the Katatonia show with their barkings, luckly the Barcelona show seemed to be a way better, so I expect Katatonia not to be very upset with our country and come back here with the Night is the new day tour.
Oh god, how I hate this bunch of assholes called Mago de Oz, and their flatline brained fans!!

Btw Tuska, I see you like Heroes del Silencio right? It seems we have very similar music taste :)

Of courseeee, Héroes are Héroes hahaha :p
About your previous post, yeah I was angry too, and more even because I arrived there at 15 o'clock and when we started the damn queue some stupid niñatas (lol) were like oh my friend is coming oh blabla is coming and like 15 people were in front of us in minutes, it's not fair they just arrived and they stayed on the top of the queue, fortunately I ran when we could get in and I overtook them :rofl: but my God...
Oh in front of Anders? you were near me haha but I couldn't see anybody supporting them from your side except a tall black hair boy :rofl:
Yeah it wasn't a good combination but there's something called respect you know? if you don't like them, okey it's your problem but don't start screaming OUT OUT OUT all the fucking time, I wanted to kill them all haha, I really hate Mago and their fans, but from now on EVEN MORE

Are there any good spanish bands out there btw?
Never heard of something like "awesome alternative band X from Spain!" :p

In the katatonia tribute by northern silence you can find two spanish bands:
Foscor (covering Midwinter Gates/Gateways of Bereavement)

http://www.myspace.com/foscor

and Helevorn (covering "12")

http://www.myspace.com/helevorn

If you are into death metal, maybe you want to check

fermento

or Wormed

But if you are more into doom, I suggest you:

The rockin' sludge metal of Moho

The ritualistic/drone/jazzist doom of Orthodox

The death/doom ensemble Autumnal, strongly recommended if you are into bands like early My Dying Bride, Anathema or Celestial Season.

Rhino is another awesome band, in their music you can hear influences from death metal to stoner rock. Pure headbanging stuff!

And if you like grindcore, try with:

Machetazo, old school death/grind worship.

Haemorrhage, pathologic grindcore. Recently they have signed with Relapse.

Looking for an Answer classic grindcore, for fans of Napalm Death, Phobia, Insect Warfare...they have signed with Relapse, too.

Well, I'm going to stop because there is already a lot of bands to check, maybe later I could post more bands from my country.

Hola. quería escribir este mensaje con un propósito claro. Lo primero, es que me gustaría que este mensaje lo leyesen el máximo de personas posibles. No solo los españoles, que por lo visto, hay más de lol que creía, sino también el resto de fans que no son españoles. Dado la universalidad de mi mensaje, y mi bajo nivel de expresión inglesa, estaría profundamente agradecido de que alguien lo traduciese. Este es un mensaje de disculpa. no solo a los fans que acudieron el pasado sábado a Fuenlabrada, sino al resto del mundo, y especialmente a los integrantes del grupo Katatonia. Para empezar he de decir que no soy fan del grupo, y no había oido hablar de él en mi vida. He de ser sincero. Tambien he de decir que no fui expresamente a ver Mago de Oz, grupo que por cierto no me gusta, sino que fui con la idea de pasar la noche escuchando música. (No era un acoplado, me gusta este tipo de música, a ver si os creeis que soy un poquero) He de decir que me pareció una completa falta de respeto al grupo la actuación del público español, que los apludia cada vez que terminaban una canción, porque creían que se iban a ir, y los abucheaban con frases del tipo: ``iros a vuestras casa´´, ``fuera´´, ``Mago, Mago´´ llamando al grupo ``estelar´´ de la noche. Lo cierto es, como he dicho antes, no había oido al grupo nunca, pero me pareció una actuación estupenda. Me gustaron mucho, para no haberlos oido nunca. Mago de Oz, para haberles conocido, como todo español creo, no me gustaron tanto. Por lo tanto pido disculpas, en nombre de los metaleros españoles, por la horrible actitud del resto del público, que no hace mas que avivar la llama de la ignorancia española. Resto del mundo: en España no solo se escucha musica pop, electronica y folclore gitano. Tambien hay gente a la que le gusta la buena musica. Lo siento, pido perdón al grupo, y al resto de grupos que ejercen de teloneros a la sombra de un ``gran grupo´´. Los teloneros son personas, y merecen nuestro mas profundo respeto.

Mis disculpas.

PD: Por favor, si alguien es tan amble de traducirlo, sería muy importante. Gracias

Sorry if it's not perfect, I'm the worst translator ever but I did what I could

Nana_Howl, mensaje traducido ;)

Nana_Howl's message translated:

Hello. I wanted to write this message with a clear intention. First, I'd like to have this message translated to make it readed by the maximum amount of people possible. Not only the spanish's ones, that apparently there's more than I thought, but also but the others non-spanish fans. Given the universality of my message and my low english expression level, I'd be really grateful if someone would translate it.

This is an apology message, not only to the fans who came the last saturday to Fuenlabrada but to the rest of the world and specially to the members from Katatonia. First of all I have to say I'm not a fan of the band nor I had heard about them in my life. I have to be sincere. Also I've to say I didn't go expressly to see Mago de Oz, band I didn't like, but I went with the idea to spend the night listening music (I like this kind of music, I'm not a "poquero" (hard to explain, just take it as a moron (Note of the translator)).

I have to say I think the spanish crowd was really disrespectful to the band, they applauded at the end of every sond because they thought they were about to end and they booed them with things like "go home", "go away", "Mago, Mago", calling the "starring" band from the night.

To be sincere, as I said before, I didn't heard the band earlier but I think it was a great show. I liked them a lot even though it was the first time I listened them. But, knowing Mago de Oz as almost every spanish person, I didn't like them as much.

It's for that that I apologize in the name of my spanish mellaters fellows for the horrible behaviour of the rest of the crowd, they just increase the flame of the spanish ignorance. To the world outside this country: in Spain we not only listen to pop music, electronic music and gipsy folkore. There's also people who likes good music. I'm sorry, and I spologize to the band and the other bands who played as support band without knowing, for a "great band". Support acts are people and they deserve our respect.

My apologizes.

Nana, they weren't support bands, it wasn't a Mago concert, IT WAS A FESTIVAL, so nobody played as a support band, it's just that Mago are the "famous ones and the great ones" so 90% of the people wanted to see them ¬¬

Id like to know if Kata guys are as upset as we are, or if they just dont give a fuck about it (this second option would be great)

Abyss
I have never heard about the bands you name except Autumnal (they played as supporting band last time Katatonia played in Madrid)

Id like to know if Kata guys are as upset as we are, or if they just dont give a fuck about it (this second option would be great)

Abyss
I have never heard about the bands you name except Autumnal (they played as supporting band last time Katatonia played in Madrid)

Well, I hope at least you like one or two of them.

Abyss

I'd like to know it too.

And about spanish bands, Helevorn is going to release (the date is still unknown) a brand new album that's going to be killer. It was produced and mixed by Jens Bogren (Katatonia ;), Opeth...) so just imagine how well iit sounds. There's a couple of songs in their myspace if you want to hear them.