Speakers?

Deadlift

Oct 17, 2002
Sweden
Visit site
Do you think your speakers, amplifiers and other stuff matters alot when you listen to music?

For me it`s very important. Especially when listening to Opeth.

I always try new speakers and amps with Opeth CDs.

i think sound quality and equalization matters, and so a familiarity with audio equipment is kind've necessary. but having a bunch of nice equipment and misusing it (i.e. window-rattling bass) is irritating to me.

i prefer a nice pair of headphones, generally. especially for the first time listening to an album.

I use Creative Gigaworks 5.1's, and Opeth sounds stellar on these things. The drumming is pulverising.

I hate headphones! I think it`s shutting down the music. Ii want the music to explode in an open space with full force. Clear and with power.

I really like the intro to "the moor" with the clean guitar sound and when the bass starts flowing togheter with the guitar.

:Spin:

Too bad you don't feel anything with headphones as you would do when you listen to live music. That's why speakers are more exciting to use.

I'm going to buy a hi-fi 2.1 component system next for my computer system. Right now I'm using a Boston Acoustics 4.1 system. I'll probably get a 5.1 system for my next TV which will be wide-screen and high-def to compliment my next-gen videogame console. GO REVOLUTION!!

i like my bose triport headphones, however overpriced they were. I use them at home now instead of my speakers. When im at school or whatever with my shit ipod (which i fucking hate), and use the ipod headphones its like... rofl this sucks penis

Trey Parker said:
i have both. 2 5.1 systems on my comp as well as the dvd theater thing. headphones > speakers. period

Says the guy who can't notice quality loss on 128kb mp3 ;)

I think a good speaker system is essential for appreciating music. I'm more about fidelity and sonic clarity, which is why I invested in a pair of studio monitors, as opposed to a 5.1 system. Any surround systems bought for under a grand, you can generally assume to be an utter waste of money. For instance, I'd never touch those Creative setups. The pure size of those satellites just tells me there's gonna be a huge gap in the crossover between them and the sub.

I've been considering getting 3 more monitors, and a stand-alone sub and setting up a 5.1 one system from that, however. I think it depends on whether Still Life does get remixed :)

Yep, sound quality is important if you hear a little more complex bands. I personally enjoy both headphones (Terratec Aureon -> Porta Corda Mk2 Headphone amp -> Beyerdynamic DT531) and speakers (Panasonic S75 -> harman/kardon hk670 -> canton ergo rc-l) for sometimes different albums - some just "click" on speakers that didn't do anything for me on headphones and vice versa.
But, imho, Opeth is headphone music :)