Speaking about parents...

Ain't Bruce Dickinson a charter pilot nowadays?! :D

Imagine being on the flight he pilots, I would so tell him to sing the chorus from "Aces High" while the plane goes down for a nose dive! Pure metal! (haha)

Anyways, Iron Maiden&co will keep on going as long as there's a market for these silverbacks roaming the jungle. Outdated or not.

Originally posted by sol83
maiden and priest MUST break up immediately. there are starting to be a joke and it's a shame cos they've offered some fantastic albums.
Damn you! why they have to split up? they are bothering you? :eek:

Mariner: Those changes are pretty suttle I'd say, and sometimes IM did turn totally crappy - no?! :confused:

The Provanance album is quite nice, though I thought it would be more "retro" in it's sound, still in "The Ardbeg experience" you have that little jazz-vein in them, the pretentious streak is shown. Goodie! ;)

The latest Septic Flesh is goodie too! They went back to their roots, which I like, minus the cakewalk orchestrations though! :D

I'm amazed by the album, i never thought i would like something new in this genre, but they rock!
as for Septic Flesh, Ozark Henry is still suffering from them :s

Check out The Provenance's debute; "25th Hour; Bleeding", I think you'd like it if you like "Still At Arms Length"!

Anyways, nice music from nice people! Their site is hosted on soulreaper.net, just 'cause they rock! ;)

Originally posted by Mariner
Damn you! why they have to split up? they are bothering you? :eek:

no. but i don't wanna see 'em make a joke of their name. it's time to go... :(

I want to see Maiden live.:p
They have the most amazing show existing today. Rolling Stones, Metallica, Rammstein and other big acts cant even reach their ankles.
Maiden forever! :headbang:

Mariner:

You have quite the list of preferences going there; "Rolling Stones, Metallica AND Rammstein"!!!! :p

Maiden did see their glorydays, as did most of the bands where the members are 40+, or am I totally offside now?! :loco:

Btw, didn't Green Day play an opening gig for the Stones, where they had so much energy compared with Mick&co that the stones looked even more dead than they are?! :D

About "old-school", this and alcholism seems to be the thing to be into right now! No matter if the music sucks, the musicians can't play, the singer can't hold his key and the lyrics are totally banal.
:headbang:

When I think about it; IRON MAIDEN ARE FRESH and INNOVATIVE, even now in 2003!!! (compared to the "old-school revival") ;)

*up the irons* (or what was it?)

Yeah you're right. The golden years are passed, but they are still doing good though... better then all those other 'classic bands' like Manowar, Priest, Kiss, AC/DC, Metallica already as well, etc....

Maybe Black Sabbath... but why they are delaying the album they would release :confused:

Well fonzie, I must agree that Maiden are in "better shape" than many "old-timers", yet this isn't a reason not to quit! :)

The only thing that's good about Black Sabbath is the humor of Ozzy. The way he makes a fool out of himself and his family is GREAT! :D

Originally posted by soulmuh
Well fonzie, I must agree that Maiden are in "better shape" than many "old-timers", yet this isn't a reason not to quit! :)

I dont want them to quit. Its the Solon boy he said that :mad:

Black Sabbath NOWADAYS that is!
The past is one thing, the present is another...

...and oh, don't forget Mick Jagger - he is probably referred to as a "god" by maaaany women!!! :D

To quote Nina Persson; "I can buy you, yeaah yeaaaah"

Mariner:

I wouldn't mind if they DID quit! ;)

I mean; why won't Maiden start releasing dvd:s of all the shows they ever were recorded, and promote those instead of going out on tour?! :D

That would feel more "fresh"! *harr harr*

Originally posted by soulmuh

...and oh, don't forget Mick Jagger - he is probably referred to as a "god" by maaaany women!!! :D

i hate this fucker - real bad!! :mad:

Ivo:
I was plenty sarcastic there... It's always so strange to me that women get attracted by... MONEY! :confused:

About Mick Jagger; did you see that french documentry, where they spent a year with him in his daily life?! It was pretty nifty actually.

(Why your hatred btw?)