Special Editions or Original CDs

What would you rather have? Special Edition Digipacks or Original CDs.

• Special Edition Digipack

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Original CDs

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

metal616

Nov 11, 2003
Miami, FL
Visit site
Hi all! :hotjump: I'm new to this forum, and I love SX so thats why i'm here. Supposing that Inside Out does re-release the first for albums in special edition digipack format with extra features like posted on a different thread, what would you rather have. the originals or those. i have the opportunity to get all SX albums for christmas, and im not sure whether to wait for special ones or get the original stuff.

Symphony X RULES! :headbang:

I would probably get the special editions, they got more photos, liner notes, video interviews and all that, so in my opinion they are superior to the originals.

By the way, Welcome to the board!!

Originals, baby. Gots to have the originals. It's all about getting them now. While the special editions may have some extra gingerbread, give me the meat and potatoes of the originals.

Glenn

I couldn't really vote on this one cuz I want "both".
But I guess it helps that I already have all the originals,
So as soon as the others come out "I"LL OWN THEM TOO!!!!"
Maahhaaahhhaa..:)

Oh BTW, Welcome!

Can't say as I quite see the point behind releasing special editions later on if the music itself is the same. Extra pictures hardly make it worth buying the same cd over again, IMO. And I HATE digipacks..the teeth break, & you're SOL, so at least make them digibooks with the lil sleeves in them..those always rip but at least you can tape them.

Given a choice between the two, I'll have to stick with the originals.

If you don't already own the originals then go for the digipacks. You'll get a little more for your money and the CD will still be the same quality.

If you do have them then I can't see any reason to buy them again, even if you're a huge SyX fan. I am, and I'm not buying them again.