Special Performance

Dustin

C-C-Cool Beans!!!
Everyone in Katagory V went out last night to an "open mike" gig for a local band called Distant Vision. These guys are GREAT traditional/power metal band! Unfortuanlty... they are having a rough time finding a vocalist.

We watched their former vocalist and a freind of Trevors climb up on stage and belt out some Maiden and Sabbath covers as well as a few of the bands originals. It was a lot of fun!

Toward the end of the night... Distant Vision talked us (almost at gunpoint?:D ) into getting up there and doing a tune or two. :eek:
After a long debate within the ranks we finally agreed and jammed out "Evil Princess" & "I Live On". Talk about a bitch!!! I didn't reallize how difficult it was to play on someone elses equipment!

The only bummer to it all was that Trevor was not on stage with us due to the fact there was only one guitar amp. :mad: It would have been PERFECT to have him strut his stuff on the spot!!! He had the option to go direct for shit's & giggles... but he decided against it, and sat out to spectate with Distant Vision.

...and Matt dropped his sticks 4 times in a row in both songs. :lol:
Fortunately, not a lot of people were really at the club. It was a lot of fun... for not being prepared and only going to show support for one of the other awsome metal bands in our home town.
:headbang:

\m/
Dustin

Yes I was in a truley unique position last evening, I was able to see Katagory V proform live in what I would consider a very on the spot decision. Unfortunatley there was; as Dustin said only one Guitar amp available. The only other choice Direct line, any one else ever play direct before KAKA. Its great vocally or even bass wise but no good for guitar. I think on the over all it was great to see them live out side the studio, kinda gives me an insight for live stuff. I am very bummed :( still and cant wait to get back on stage with these guys, gonna be great to be a part of the live Katagory V.:hotjump: Dustin gotta tell ya this is the best thing I have ever been a part of.

Although I was late getting there, it was nice to see Katagory IV (for that is what the band was that night) on a stage again, get a chance (finally) to talk properly to Trev (who I'd only met briefly at the Burfday Bash - diamond geezer he is too!), and chaperone a Matt who looked like he really wanted another beer (he was a good boy, tho').

Distant Vision played really well, too, I'd love to see these guys with a good singer. Would be nice if I was one... :) Keep an eye out for these guys, their playing's really tight, focused, and holds the attention. Good 'choons' too!

I heard tell from them that they wanted a singer in the Nevermore vein, so if you fit the bill and you're in Salt Lake, I'm sure Dustin could hook ya up with DV.

All in all, a night that was all too brief (for me), but fun nevertheless!

Fuck my old boots! :lol:

Hey whats up luna?
I am glad to have had the chance to talk at ya. Yous good peeps.
have to yak at ya a little more some time soon. diamond geezer? not sure i understand? does that mean that i am a shiny old fart:lol: :lol: naw just kiddin, im just the new man-whore... keepin it real; REAL HEAVY!!!!

What about your new boots??

Originally posted by Ruined Luna

Fuck my old boots! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
YES!!!! Fuck my ol' boots!!!! Mission from 'arry!!!

Originally posted by Demonspell

What does Distant Vision sound like?

They sound a lot like the Classic Metal bands of the late 80's (Iron Maiden, Queensryche) with a bit of a Children Of Bodom mixed in. They are a really great band with some good potential! Hopefully they can find a vocalist and we can persuade them to come down to the studio and record them ;)
On an interesting note: the avarage age of the band members is 21!

\m/
Dustin