Special Request: Logo Design

yes

Well it actually original was a hand drawing, then I took a picture of it and straightened/edited/tweaked the design.

Mine is so in the style of Eucharist that it is barely funny.

True, if you were to clean it up a bit I might actually consider using it. As of now though, I know I wouldn't get too great a mark using it. I appreciate the effort though.

@ Necuratul: those logos are indeed cool, but I am not about to steal them and claim my band is called 'Eliminator' (as cool a name that that happens to be).

Everyone else who contributed: thanks for the efforts. If I see something I will actually use I'll let you know. Lady Valerie, I liked the colours you used in the second one, but the text is just too 'normal' for death metal I think. Also, I can't wait to see what Seraphim Belial comes up with.

I could do a clean version, definitely. You'd have to give me a day or two (assuming you don't like SB's).

Yeah go for it if you are interested. The assignment isn't due until a week from Wednesday so I do have some time to play with (I don't imagine printing one shirt will take long). Also if you are going to go ahead and clean that up could I suggest you make the lettering more 'extreme' for lack of a better term, and more interrelated to each other, like some of the logos I cited in my first post? I know the name is tough to do since it has so many letters (I have tried various concepts myself) so good luck.

if you changed the name of your band to floccinaucinihilipilification, you could use this logo I designed in maths, which was so epic, that I couldn't even scan it in one piece:
Flocciniociodaida.jpg

Yeah go for it if you are interested. The assignment isn't due until a week from Wednesday so I do have some time to play with (I don't imagine printing one shirt will take long). Also if you are going to go ahead and clean that up could I suggest you make the lettering more 'extreme' for lack of a better term, and more interrelated to each other, like some of the logos I cited in my first post? I know the name is tough to do since it has so many letters (I have tried various concepts myself) so good luck.

I know exactly what you mean about the letters! I realized that as the main fault to the logo. Do you like the gravestone as a backdrop on which the lettering goes, or would you rather the logo be freely floating? :p

Thanks for the feedback, I'll work on it eventually...

I've got roughly two sketches done, with a few alterations that could be done to each sketch to make it look even more different.

On a side note: I now hate your band name lol.

I won't bother inking it yet for two reasons:
1. any alterations I need to make (based on your preferences) I would like to make in the pencil stage
&
2. I'm not going to put effort into inking something you may not like :p

Edit: totally forgot to mention that the rough's will (more than likely) be posted around 4pm-5pm - just depends on how busy the lab and shit I work at is.

I know exactly what you mean about the letters! I realized that as the main fault to the logo. Do you like the gravestone as a backdrop on which the lettering goes, or would you rather the logo be freely floating? :p

Thanks for the feedback, I'll work on it eventually...

I think I prefer free floating, thanks for your efforts V5 :kickass:.

That is great news Seraphim Belial. I can't wait to see what you have come up with so far. Also, yeah, the band name has too many letters making it tough to design a cool logo.

I would have drawn you one but I have no scanner, I made this in paint so its kinda crappy. If you like it you can change it up or whatever to make it look better. The "G" is kind of messed up.

I would have drawn you one but I have no scanner, I made this in paint so its kinda crappy. If you like it you can change it up or whatever to make it look better. The "G" is kind of messed up.

That's pretty cool. Is there anyway you can make it more hi-res? Also I think I would prefer a less 'Gothic-y' font, something a little more 'extreme' in its lettering, but maintaining the cool intricate nature of the design you posted here.

As a note to everyone, I would prefer the logo to be used on a black t-shirt so pure black logos obviously don't go over so well in this format.

By hi-res do you mean bigger? Cause the bigger I make it the more pixely it gets. Paint kinda sucks. And if you want I will tweak it and add more spikes and whatnot to intertwine everything more.

I think I prefer free floating, thanks for your efforts V5 :kickass:.

That is great news Seraphim Belial. I can't wait to see what you have come up with so far. Also, yeah, the band name has too many letters making it tough to design a cool logo.

The latter point you mentioned is part of the reason why I smushed a few together (the T being part of the I was improvised but could be better done on a clean version, for sure).

Also, no problem.

Hey my parents let me use their scanner so I drew you one, you can probably clean it up on photoshop.

That looks much improved to my eyes, you seem to have an innate talent with coming up with extreme metal logos rather quickly :).

Is there anyway you could clean it up in photoshop? As I said I cannot use photoshop for the the life of me so if you could clean it up a bit I would seriously consider using it for this project.

Thanks, btw.

Download GIMP or something.

edit: DA, I would use it like it is. Looks quite nice and gives it a kind of darker look if it's not perfect.

The scanner at work doesn't scan correctly anymore (much to my surprise :Smug:), the printer also died - I had to rely on a students camera to get this off of the paper (which wasn't the best paper around, but it's all I had available. And remember these are roughs, I'm not going to put in as much time as I would in photoshop/illustrator at home (especially since I am at work right now while I did this).

First little rough was just messing around in different style:

This one was just a little test with trying something different with the first portion of the band name: The problem with this though is you will either have a very long logo if this is continued into the second portion of the name (Desolation), or it will look completely off set if placed underneath
2.jpg

This second one kind of got fucked right in the middle of the lab's utter technological demise. Here I was just fucking around with the Eucharist style, trying to get a feel for how the letters act towards one another, how well the negative space that is present works towards the logo, etc shit like like that. Unfortunately, I got swamped and didn't get to do another version.
I wrote the logo out as two separate words, after what happened in the lab though, I couldn't upload the version where they are in line with each other (and yes, it looks different, I didn't just smash them together).
1.jpg

The scanner itself failed to scan the entire hand drawn document, while at the same time magnifying the little non-existent scuff marks on the paper to epic proportions. I tried cleaning it up in Correl paint shop pro, but the program itself is a massive failure and the computer I was working on froze five times before any progress could be saved.

I'm not a fan of generic logos, and yes I see that some of the portions of this take some generic features from others; but I'm a busy man dammit :mad:

Also, since I tried scanning and editing Totalus Necrum's logo first, I may as well show it here too:
Picture.jpg

It's unfinished, and I'm not liking some of the negative space present - I had a reworked version but It looked...to put it nicely... busy.

I really like the look of the 'Evoking' part in the second rough sketch, the interplay between the letters is really great. The desolation part underneath isn't too great but I am sure if you attempt to continue the style above albeit maybe in a slightly smaller font size the logo could look really badass.

Thanks for all the hard work and effort S.B., I really do appreciate it.